4yo DS has been booked in to have tonsils & adnoids out. It's all come about so quickly.
I am not sure about the surgeon. thought he would explain all the pros and cons of the op and I hadn't researched enough to ask any questions.
The surgeon just said they have to come out, go see my receptionist for next available date.
Others I have spoken since to have had sleep studies and recurrent bouts of tonsillitis, it's seems others have had much more done before the decision is made.
Our GP noted DS has a moderate - severe airway obstruction, snores, hypo nasal speech and bad sleeper. He also has had 4-5 lots of tonsillitis in his life, one ended up in pneumonia.
If I see another surgeon for a second opinion that's another $200- $300 and might have to wait longer for surgery and pay more up to $1000 for a sleep study.
My mum has put doubt in my mind whether they should come out. I don't know what to do now.