+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Help I googled something at work

Please help im freaking out..
    I searched something at work. . Long story short wheb I clicked images it showed p orn type pics!!!! Augh it wasnt what I meant by what I googled.. I was being stupid trying to have a joke tho..
    Will I.t at work know.. I clicked close as soon as that came up.
    Is this something I.t will have to search what I had been doing all weekend or it will pop up to them as an alert? So scared....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It could be alerted to them, it just depends what type of set up they have.
    I would just be honest and tell them what happened.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You might be asked a "please explain?" But I would think it would come up with a blocker on sites like that. I'm pretty sure they would have to check your internet history to find out anyway and would only be doing that if they already suspected you of misusing the internet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd email your IT department and let them know in advance. It might be their security settings have gone weird and so they need to know about it regardless.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    If its a large company I would let them know it was an error and perhaps they need to adjust the web filter settings. At my work place our filters are very strict. Cant even get bub hub as it is considered s.ex education!

♥ him + me = you 17/9/13 ♥

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. Usually it would block sites like that it was just google images tho not a website..
    Its a big company I told my work mate who just laughed and thinks it wont be an issue as I closed ir straight away and im not one to look that stuff upm learnt my lesson with being silly tho

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We have a programme that alerts us if any restricted sites are accessed and we have access to all staff computers ( we can log in and see what they are looking at live) it sounds harsh and it is written into their contracts that we have access to their work computers but 2 years ago out 16 year old secretary was caught having cyber s&x on the web cam with her boyfriend at 3pm on a work day at our front desk in our office on a prominent street! so we are pretty jaded now !
    I would check your employment agreement as looking at these sites can be instant dismissal so if it does say that you better tell them just in case they do find out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe wait for them to say something?

Are you even allowed to use the internet for personal use? Fessing up to something that didn't really happen might land you in more hot water......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Maybe wait for them to say something?

Are you even allowed to use the internet for personal use? Fessing up to something that didn't really happen might land you in more hot water......

I keep going back and forth because it wasnt an actual website it was just punched into google then closed..
    I think I will just wait and hope nothing comes of it monday morning.. if it does im prepared to fess up and explain of course.

Omg to having the webcam receptionist!!! Our workplace hasnt had anything so extreme .. I know we have had youtube blocked before but that's been unblocked now.. I think that was just people spending too much time on it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did the same thing at work once & we had quite strict internet rules. I just called I.T & told them. It was no big deal.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z2