+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Elsa - too Frozen?

Do you just associate the name Elsa with the movie Frozen or do you like the name in its own right?

I really like the name Stella or Elise for a girl but DH said no. I told him to find another name.

DH then said he liked the name Elsa.

It has similar sounds to Stella and Elise and so I agreed - i'm now sold on the name and just love it. Now Dh is having second thoughts as he thinks it will just be associated with the movie Frozen. Well, that is where he heard the name (although I did work with a lady with the name, and it is a variant of Elizabeth, DD's middle name, so I think it's got a nice sibling connection).

Bub isn't due until December so I think some of the hype may have died down by then. My view is if you like a name, who cares. He worries too much about what others will think.

BTW, I don't like Elsie as an alternative.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I really like it. Yes I think of the movie but that's just because it's really popular at the moment.

There's plenty of Aurora's, Belle's, Jasmine's and Tiana's and no one pays them out about being from a movie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I almost named our new cat Elsa, I had no idea about Elsa from Frozen. Then someone asked if the name was from Frozen 😩 I couldn't deal with that annoying question so called her something else lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't have a clue what the names in the movie are.Never seen it. End of the day its just a movie, its only popular till the next one comes along. I think Elsa is quite cute though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've seen Frozen about 68 times since my 6yo got the DVD and it took me about 30 seconds to work out WTF your thread title was referring to! No, don't think it's an issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    I'd go for it. It's a wonderful, elegant, timeless name. If we didn't have an Isla I'd be on DP's back about naming any future daughters Elsa.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I honestly think of it as the pretty name that it is in it's own right because I lived in Europe. I think that even though people may momentarily think of the movie, it doesn't matter, as a pp said, many names have been featured in movies and no one bats an eyelid.

At least the movie Frozen is a lovely one, movies such as 'The Omen' had a lot of Damien's associated with a not so nice movie!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I've never seen the movie so don't make that association.
    I think if you aren't due until December, Frozen will be long forgotten and a new faze would have been embraced by then.
    If you like the name, I don't think you should let the movie persuade you otherwise.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I do associate it with frozen but I still like it and I wouldn't see that as a reason not to use it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love it! It's gorgeous. And no, I don't think it's too frozen.

If I didn't have an Elizabeth that would be high on my list.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

HeyMissA  (23-05-2014)