+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscotti71 View Post
    @Kellyk77, I now know how you could possibly have felt as I did the same did the same style of protocol and was cancelled too. I'm old but hopeful at this stage!!! There are miracles for us low responders - have you tried acupuncture or the like?

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yes tried acupuncture and Chinese herbs. You name it I've tried it! I also have high fsh so have to try and get they down before I try again. I'm now taking HRT so hoping that does the trick. Then my FS is going to try elonva as that's meant to be good for poor responders. Do you have low amh and high fsh also?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no idea about my FSH or AMH - but I'll be finding that out at my Thursday appt!
    I've only had one cancelled cycle so far and it was elonva, orgalutran, puregon then cancelled.
    Strange that I had 6 follicles without any drugs and then only one follicle (plus a mini) on all of those drugs...I'm concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was told I have lowish AMH for my age (it was 4.something) but didn't ask about FSH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're fsh was high you would be told as you can't stim as you are unlikely to respond.. My cycle shouldn't have gone ahead as it was too high and wasn't going to work but my FS pushed on anyway. I only found out after my cycle cancelled that it was unlikely to work so I was pretty unimpressed with my dr. Have moved to another FS now who won't let me go ahead unless I can get my fsh under 10 (it was 16.1 last month vas had been around that level since my first BT). So hoping the HRT works!

Thanks
    Reviews
    And my amh is only 1.4 :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellyk77 View Post
    If you're fsh was high you would be told as you can't stim as you are unlikely to respond.. My cycle shouldn't have gone ahead as it was too high and wasn't going to work but my FS pushed on anyway. I only found out after my cycle cancelled that it was unlikely to work so I was pretty unimpressed with my dr. Have moved to another FS now who won't let me go ahead unless I can get my fsh under 10 (it was 16.1 last month vas had been around that level since my first BT). So hoping the HRT works!
    @Kellyk77 that must be so upsetting for you. It sounds like you did the right thing changing FS. My FS said he doesn't pay much attention to AMH & is more interested in antral follicle count. I'm hoping he's right. I really hope the HRT does the trick. When do get your fsh tested again? Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately I'm going to be overseas on day 3 (unless my period is late) so have to wait until the following period to test so around early July at this stage. But I think in a way that's probably better as then I will have been on HRT for 2 months so will get a better indication if it's working or not. If it doesn't work next step is donor eggs. One step at a time though! Am remaining positive whilst knowing I have a back up plan with DE if it doesn't work to keep my sanity in check :-)
    @Biscotti71- how are you doing love? I completely understand what you're going through as I was shattered when mind was cancelled. It took me a while to pick myself up again so be kind to yourself x
    @ertgirl - when is your next scan?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kellyk77 For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellyk77 View Post
    Unfortunately I'm going to be overseas on day 3 (unless my period is late) so have to wait until the following period to test so around early July at this stage. But I think in a way that's probably better as then I will have been on HRT for 2 months so will get a better indication if it's working or not. If it doesn't work next step is donor eggs. One step at a time though! Am remaining positive whilst knowing I have a back up plan with DE if it doesn't work to keep my sanity in check :-)
    @Biscotti71- how are you doing love? I completely understand what you're going through as I was shattered when mind was cancelled. It took me a while to pick myself up again so be kind to yourself x
    @ertgirl - when is your next scan?
    I feel so much for anyone who has a cycle cancelled; your strength is an inspiration. @Biscotti71, I. Agree, be kind to yourself luv xx
    @Kellyk77, you have been through so much. It is a bummer having to wait a cycle, but as you said, maybe the extra time will give the HRT time to really kick in. As for donor eggs, I know a little bit of the process you have had to go through there. My DH has a zero sperm count & the spermies they do get surgically from the testicles is not great. We were all ready with a known donor to go ahead if our last frozen didn't work. It can be so heartbreaking to not be using your own DNA & I think there's definitely some grief that has to be processed, but for us any chance to become parents we were going to try. Good girl remaining positive, one thing I've learned about this IVF journey is that you never know what's around the corner. I really do hope the HRT does the trick & that this next cycle is your lucky one! Xx

AFM, I spoke to one of the better nurses at my clinic this morning & she told me my numbers for last cycle in 2011. At the 6 day scan in 2011 I had 12 follies on one side & 16 on the other! What a difference 3 years makes. Still, I'm trying to remain positive. I asked how many there has to be to go ahead & she said they will go ahead with one. Personally I don't know how I'd feel about this, it's not only me who's affected but DH has to have his surgery too. He still has pain from his surgery 3 years ago! Anyway, I mustn't get ahead of myself & borrow trouble. My next scan & bloods is tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see how things have progressed. I have taken a couple of weeks off work from today & it's amazing how much less stressed I feel. I have just focused my energy & love on my DS15months & told myself that he is the most important thing in all this. We can only afford one stim cycle & if this doesn't work then we will just continue to count our blessings (not a day goes by that we aren't thankful for DS) & realise that we are so lucky/blessed to have him. I hope me talking about DS hasn't upset anyone. Hoping & praying you too can experience this xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ertgirl good luck tomorrow. Hope all is going well

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Ertgirl good luck tomorrow. Hope all is going well
    Thanks Hun. Looking forward to seeing where we're at tomorrow. Hopefully it's good news.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast