+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone taken 450 units puregon?

If so, did you have more side effects than on a lower dose? Also, how did you respond. I know every body is different, just curious about the number of mature eggs.
    TIA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG 450!

I was on 300 last cycle and only got 2, so I'm wondering how high they will let me go for next cycle, so I'm also interested to know what higher doses would be like.

What have you been on previously?

I went from 50 to 250, 300 and really didn't notice a huge difference in symptoms. Mine are very tired and very thirsty. Oh, except definitely more discomfort in the ovary area towards the end, bloated and crampy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi - I'm new to this whole forum thing as I was doing a google search of 450ml puregon and this popped up.
    I have just been put onto this 450ml puregon by my doctor and have a scan Saturday morning to see how I go. It's our first time with IVF and the whole process seems to be quite a mixture of science & magic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes i was on450 puregon on my last cycle. We were trying to get as many eggs as possible to get the embryos tested for chromosom abnormality. I was pretty tired and bloated. I could feel my ovaries through my stomach - or it felt like it. We got 14 eggs I think, and I'm 29 weeks pregnant. That was cycle number 10 for us and my first ever bfp.
    Good luck!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lillaa For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (26-05-2014),OIC  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillaa View Post
    Yes i was on450 puregon on my last cycle. We were trying to get as many eggs as possible to get the embryos tested for chromosom abnormality. I was pretty tired and bloated. I could feel my ovaries through my stomach - or it felt like it. We got 14 eggs I think, and I'm 29 weeks pregnant. That was cycle number 10 for us and my first ever bfp.
    Good luck!!
    That sounds promising Lillaa, 14 eggs is great; congrats! After 10 cycles you deserve it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OIC View Post
    OMG 450!

I was on 300 last cycle and only got 2, so I'm wondering how high they will let me go for next cycle, so I'm also interested to know what higher doses would be like.

What have you been on previously?

I went from 50 to 250, 300 and really didn't notice a huge difference in symptoms. Mine are very tired and very thirsty. Oh, except definitely more discomfort in the ovary area towards the end, bloated and crampy.
    I know, right? It seems like a huge dose. Last time, which was 3 years ago I was on 225, a frozen from that cycle resulted in DS15months. I really trust my FS though, I think the higher dose is because of my age. Fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscotti71 View Post
    Hi - I'm new to this whole forum thing as I was doing a google search of 450ml puregon and this popped up.
    I have just been put onto this 450ml puregon by my doctor and have a scan Saturday morning to see how I go. It's our first time with IVF and the whole process seems to be quite a mixture of science & magic!
    Welcome! This forum is great for support & info. How are you feeling on 450? I've done 3 injections so far.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome, it's good to know I'm not alone on what I feel is a mega-dose of egg growing drugs. Google search was scant on the subject, except for regurgitating what was written on the leaflet in the puregon pack.
    My story so far....
    I'm 42. DH is 44.
    No medical/fertility issues with either of us. We found each other later in life due to careers overseas etc.
    Initial blood work all normal, scan showed 6 follicles. FS said all good - no reason we shouldn't have one now and another 18mths down the track all going to plan.
    Started with elonva, went onto orgalutran then had a scan on day9.
    ONE follicle only?!!
    I was annoyed!!
    Then put onto 450ml puregon that night.
    Tonight will be my third injection.
    I haven't really noticed too much except for a headache and bit bloated. The puregon hasn't changed anything except maybe I feel a bit snakey...lol.
    That's all I can tell you at the moment.
    Until tomorrow's scan....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had five injections now. So far a bit of a feeling of fullness in the tummy & some pinging of the ovaries is about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscotti71 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome, it's good to know I'm not alone on what I feel is a mega-dose of egg growing drugs. Google search was scant on the subject, except for regurgitating what was written on the leaflet in the puregon pack.
    My story so far....
    I'm 42. DH is 44.
    No medical/fertility issues with either of us. We found each other later in life due to careers overseas etc.
    Initial blood work all normal, scan showed 6 follicles. FS said all good - no reason we shouldn't have one now and another 18mths down the track all going to plan.
    Started with elonva, went onto orgalutran then had a scan on day9.
    ONE follicle only?!!
    I was annoyed!!
    Then put onto 450ml puregon that night.
    Tonight will be my third injection.
    I haven't really noticed too much except for a headache and bit bloated. The puregon hasn't changed anything except maybe I feel a bit snakey...lol.
    That's all I can tell you at the moment.
    Until tomorrow's scan....
    @Biscotti71 how did your scan go? Has the puregon done the trick & got those follicles popping? Good luck.