+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yup 2 out of 3 hate it.

I've taken ds#2 to preschool in his pj's (brought his clothes) when i got him out of the car he realised i was serious and started bawling and got dressed in the car. Havent had a problem since. Sure he moans about it but i just say "ok thats fine you can go to school in your pj's then!" "Noooooo mummmmy i get dressed!" Suckerrr hahah

Dd is only 17 months i can physically man handle and dress her. She screams and i ignore it
    Last edited by Zombie_eyes; 23-05-2014 at 10:14.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (23-05-2014),dancingchipmunk  (23-05-2014),Nomia  (23-05-2014),Purple Lily  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Yup 2 out of 3 hate it.

I've taken ds#2 to preschool in his pj's (brought his clothes) when i got him out of the car he realised i was serious and started bawling and got dressed in the car. Havent had a problem since. Sure he moans about it but i just say "ok thats fine you can go to school in your pj's then!" "Noooooo mummmmy i get dressed!" Suckerrr hahah

Dd is only 17 months i can physically man handle and dress her. She screams and i ignore it
    I've done this to both boys. The satisfaction I felt when I won, mwahahahaha.

The boys both went through stages of hating getting changed but we battled through it and now there not too bad.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (23-05-2014),Zombie_eyes  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We used to have big issues, DS is 3 now but from about 18 months he would tantrum about putting clothes on either he didn't want any on or it wasn't the right shirt ie, wrong colour, didn't have a brand name on it (yes my then 2yr old was obsessed with brand names) or had the wrong picture. I started giving him a choice between 2 different outfits which worked for a while as he felt in control but didn't last for long! Now he has a choice he gets dressed as soon as he wakes up or he doesn't come put of his room until he does works a treat he's usually dressed before I even go in to get him now! Our issues these days is he doesn't want to take his clothes off and 9 times out of 10 will end up wearing socks or a singlet in the bath at night because it's just not worth the fight to get them off, luckily once they are soaked he no longer wants to wear them lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashley595 For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This was the bane of my life with DD1 for years, she would resist getting dressed because everything I tried to dress her in was too itchy, too scratchy, too soft, too hard, too loose, too tight, ugh.....

We battled and butted heads every morning and it used to set the day up in such a negative light. I came to play group one morning utterly stressed and one of the Mums there advised me to say to her if you don't get dressed within (give a time frame) you're going to Preschool in your Pyjamas. She thought I was calling her bluff, so tried her avoidance tactics as usual, so I would load up the other kids in the car and sit there with the car running as though I was going to drive off. A few minutes later out would come a contrite girl wearing her clothes for the day. It worked for a while, but then se reverted back to her games again, so then the night before we would both go in her room and both pick out her clothes for the next day and eventually we got past all the shenanigans and she would dress without the stress etc.

If my other 3 daughters avoid getting dressed, I just go about my business and tell them only the girls who are dressed for the day are getting breakfast etc, and that always works.
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 23-05-2014 at 11:22.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Going thru that now with my eldest. Sigh. I'm washing the same rainbow skirt every day atm. Last month it was a fairy skirt.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (23-05-2014)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd1 used to hate it. It was a total pita but I didn't "discipline" as such. I could see the reasons (it was cold, the clothes were scratchy, she was tired/hungry/sleepy/wanted to play). Sometimes yes I lost my shiz because let's face it, it's so bloody darn frustrating. Letting her pick her own clothes helped, waiting till she was fully awake and/or fed. We never actually left the house in pjs but it came close a couple of times!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine is 2. If it becomes a drama then I tell her to go and sit in time out until she is ready to get dressed. Seems to be effective for her. She comes back and gets dressed. Don't know how long it will work for but going along with it for now

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have dramas sometimes as well.

A friend fixed their issues by saying no breakfast until you are dressed.
    Kids are so hungry for breakfast, they get dressed with little resistance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Yup 2 out of 3 hate it.

Ohhhh!! I did this last week with DS! As soon as we got to child care I said 'see! I told you know one else would be in their jammies!' He was desperate to get dressed after that... And I felt so guilty for shaming/embarrassing him!!
    It has helped a little with getting dressed, but only on child care days. It is so painful!! Glad to hear I'm not alone. But sorry to hear others are suffering through this too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep DS does this all the time as too busy playing despite 5 minute warnings that it's getting dressed time. Sometimes he says he wants to get dressed before I ask him so takes his pyjamas off but then changes his mind. Yesterday I really couldn't be bothered with the battle so let him be naked for a while like he wanted. He soon got cold and got dressed quickly.

I do say quite often that he has to get dressed or x, y, z won't happen. Usually breakfast or putting a TV show on he wants to watch