+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't dream of travelling overseas without travel insurance, pregnant or not. You just never know what's going to happen. For example, my sister was wandering around an old castle in Germany, one of her friends tried to jump on her back as a joke (very stupid I know), sis went down hard on her knee and ended up having to have emergency surgery. She came home four weeks early in a full leg cast. Imagine how much you'd have to pay for the surgery, changing flights, cancelled accom, etc without insurance?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    IShe came home four weeks early in a full leg cast. Imagine how much you'd have to pay for the surgery, changing flights, cancelled accom, etc without insurance?!
    Exactly!! Even if Germany had a reciprocal agreement (which they don't) you'd still be having to pay to change your flight coming home (travel insurance would get you a business class seat and a nurse if it was really really bad), changed/cancelled accommodation, would lose money on any pre booked tours etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for helping me. I also got some information about health insurance in Germany. One of my German Facebook friend recommended me to visit http://www.covomo.com/health-insurance-tourists-info/ . I got some information from this site. It is saying that i can get health insurance under one condition, I have to provide my European Healthcare Insurance card. So as a citizen of EU, I think i will get health insurance easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Sorry but that is terrible advice. It's still not going to cover OP for any other problems nor would it cover the change in plans etc. Shouldn't be allowed to board an international flight without travel insurance.
    My first paragraph I clearly state that I believe they should get travel insurance. I was also offering another suggestion for medical care which may, if close to the border, be simpler than dealing with an insurance company and what they may not cover depending on what medical care they need.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app