+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    Kindergarten teacher here! I don't think tickling is out of place at a childcare centre. I generally don't tickle children in my care however one child finds it hard to connect to anyone and if I give him a little tickle and play a hide and seek game, he engages for the rest of the day.
    Thanks for your response.
    This game at Ds's kinder is often played outside (running around chasing each other, so a few kids at a time, tickling the teacher and vice versa).
    I just wanted some opinions on this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hate tickling too. It's mean and horrible . The feather thing is ok but full on tickling no thanks !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    See for me, it can be an opportunity for an offender to have a quick 'feel/touch' of a child without being caught or noticed. Whether they be female or male.
    Of course not all ticklers are offenders!
    I'm just being cautious and have started talking to DS about whats appropriate etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It wouldn't bother me.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't find it appropriate for a teacher to be tickling my child!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Thanks for your response.
    This game at Ds's kinder is often played outside (running around chasing each other, so a few kids at a time, tickling the teacher and vice versa).
    I just wanted some opinions on this.
    It seems harmless, but if you really aren't comfortable with it then I'd suggest talking to the teacher or director about it. Even though I'd be fine with it, I understand that the parents of my kindy kids are all different (as are the children) and I need to respect their feelings etc. Maybe suggest other games such as tag, kicking a ball and hide and seek instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I think if the teacher is new they are trying to find a way to get the kids to like them. I wouldn't worry unless I got bad vibes from other behaviour on top of it. That is for either a male or female teacher btw. I don't know why but I pictured it as a male because our male friends are usually the ones that tickle the kids and chase them around, hold them upside down etc. That's the way they bond.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It would make me uncomfortable too regardless of gender. But then I'm in the 'I don't like tickling' camp. It can all too easily feel like a boundary violation, and yes it can disguise unwanted contact. And there's the danger of an adult imposing themselves physically on a vulnerable child who doesn't like it but feels powerless because they're involuntarily giggling. I know most people will think that's totally over thinking it, but tickling makes me really uncomfortable.

Its an intimate thing. If someone tried to tickle me as an adult I'd think get your hands off me. A teacher of adults just wouldn't do it as its obviously overly personal and inappropriate. Give kids the same respect I say.

I know most don't agree and that's okay. Its a quirk of mine. I'm anti tickling.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

Fiery  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all so much for your supportive responses
    I'll just talk to DS about what's appropriate etc.