+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Thanks for the replies! We didn't do ivf for DS and after 10 months of trying I guess Im just questioning whether a 2nd child is something we need to pursue. I think it's given me time to pause and reflect on what happens if it doesn't work then we'd have just DS anyway so can I be bothered with it all or am I happy to just let things be. This is our 11th month trying naturally and after a laparoscopy to fix some things we have still had no luck. I'm not sure I want to consider pursuing it anymore. It almost feels like a relief when I think of just letting it all go and getting on with our lives with just the 3 of us.
    I'm in a similar position - we conceived DD on our own within a couple of months, but have been trying for another for about two and a half years, and about 2 of those with IVF. At the moment, I ask myself how will I feel about these things when I'm 60 - will I regret not doing more when I had the chance? Or not? I've been leaning towards thinking that I will regret not trying to the best of my abilities when I could have.

Best wishes in figuring out what's best for you and your family xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    We are definitely not getting on that merry go round again. After 9 stim cycles over 8 years and then a horrible pregnancy we have decided that DD (currently 9 months) is it.

We ended up using donor sperm and have already told the clinic to return the unused vials as we won't be using them again.

Years ago I would have said I wanted two, but I am now at peace with having only our beautiful DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our DD1 was "natural" conception, DD2 was born 8yrs later thanks to IVF. I always wanted a large family, but it was still a difficult decision to spend all that money on IVF when we already had a child. I just wanted another child & felt incomplete, I still do, but we made the decision not to pursue IVF again.

If our financial situation changes, I will seriously consider IVF again, I just don't feel "done".

Thanks
    Reviews
    we are embarking on fertility treatment for number as feel he needs a sibling after try naturally for 2 years have finally started the ball rolling. It all depends on your individual circumstances we are in Australia on our own so he has no cousins etc so would love to at least explore the possibility of giving him a sibling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been thinking about this a bit lately. We have just done our 3rd stim cycle ttc number one, and if we finally do get pregnant I don't know if i could put myself through it again for number 2. I'll probably change my mind though - time makes you forget right? another friend told me it's not quite as bad when trying for the second because you don't have the "what if we never have kids anxiety", and you can always remind yourself that if it doesn't work you are still happy with your family. If we hadn't used ivf for the first I'd probably give it a go.

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 5 cycles clomid; 2 unsuccessful ivf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    Just reading some of your posts! I know the feeling I had IVF for first bub which is 14 weeks old, I went in with the approach that if I have another baby I do, so guess what after not trying I have just found out I am pregnant again! A bit of a shock considering it took use 2 years to fall first time and that was with IVF and bam here I am pregnant again, I took a positive approach and talking about it can sometimes be the best thing! I am happy to help anyone as it's a very emotional thing!