+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Has anyone decided not to pursue ivf/iui for 2nd child?

We are about to embark on iui..
    We have DS who is 2.5 and I've just started having doubts at pursuing iui/ivf.

are there any others who after 1 child decided not to pursue assisted fertility? To just leave it all and get on with life and being settled and happy with that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bump for the morning crowd...

Thanks
    Reviews
    We basically did this. We did 6 stim cycles for DD who is 3 now. After she was born we also transfered our one and only frozen embryo with bfn result. Although we really would have loved a sibling for DD, we went through hell those ivf years and we basically decided that for me it was better to save my sanity and enjoy DD than to embark on the ivf journey again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TeaAndToast For This Useful Post:

babyla  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaAndToast View Post
    We basically did this. We did 6 stim cycles for DD who is 3 now. After she was born we also transfered our one and only frozen embryo with bfn result. Although we really would have loved a sibling for DD, we went through hell those ivf years and we basically decided that for me it was better to save my sanity and enjoy DD than to embark on the ivf journey again.
    Thanks for the reply. I feel like not pursuing doesn't seem like a popular choice - like I should be trying because we can. I just realised I've had the amh bloid test for over 10 days and haven't bothered going to get it done. Wondering if it's something I really do want to pursue. Life with DH and DS is pretty nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This will be us most definately. We have already done 4 transfers and had one chem still no baby. So now the focus is to just get one baby. We have both already decided that if we get one baby and have no frosties we will definately not be stimming again.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

babyla  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    From a financial point of view we likely won't be doing IVF again.

Our bub is only 8 weeks old and sometimes I find it hard to think each "first" is the only time I'm going to get to do this, so I love the idea of having another. We got lucky though getting our healthy baby girl on our first try, so I can't imagine spending money we really can't afford to be met with a BFN.

We've agreed to give ourselves 12 months before we make a definite decision, but at the moment I think the practical approach will be not pursuing another baby. We're ever so grateful for the one we have now.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

babyla  (23-05-2014),Sethysmum  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    My little one isn't even born yet and there's no way we'll be going back to try for another, not after doing 5 full stimms and 5 transfers to get this little Bellyebean!!

I already felt DP and I were pushing it age-wise as it was and the thought of being even older than I am now and having another doesn't appeal, let alone we've almost bankrupted ourselves to get this little miracle, plus I know my own limits, and two is one too many for me

One's enough for us and we have absolutely no regrets about it whatsoever. We were very, very lucky to get this little angel and are more than happy to be a family of three permanently!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

babyla  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds is 11 months old and i would dearly love another baby but we have decided not to do ivf again and we have no frozen embys left. After all we went through to get ds i dont think emotionally i could handle it if it didnt work let alone doing repeat cycles. We are just trying naturally and if it happen it happens. Im so grateful i have my ds but still get a bit upset at the fact that he may be my only child but thank god every day that i was blessed to be able to have him.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sethysmum For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (23-05-2014),babyla  (23-05-2014),Lillac  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies! We didn't do ivf for DS and after 10 months of trying I guess Im just questioning whether a 2nd child is something we need to pursue. I think it's given me time to pause and reflect on what happens if it doesn't work then we'd have just DS anyway so can I be bothered with it all or am I happy to just let things be. This is our 11th month trying naturally and after a laparoscopy to fix some things we have still had no luck. I'm not sure I want to consider pursuing it anymore. It almost feels like a relief when I think of just letting it all go and getting on with our lives with just the 3 of us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That will be us too. We went through a few hellish years to get to where we are now. Once I was pretty sure I wasn't going to miscarry DD I decided that we can't put ourselves through the rigmarole of IVF again.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (23-05-2014),SleepyDude  (27-06-2014)