+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Homemade natural bathroom cleaners

I cleaned the bathroom today - my most hated household chore - and once again the cleaners I used caused my asthma to flare up. So I'm looking for a more natural solution. Is anyone able to share what they use to clean their bathroom naturally? I'm in need of ideas for shower, grout, tile, basin and toilet cleaners - the full works! I have heard of using bicarb, vinegar, etc, but I'm not sure how these are used, quantities to mix, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated!

FearlessLeader is online now Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Gumption. Best stuff ever. My cleaning lady has enjo stuff, and we are both convinced that her enjo bath cleaner is just overpriced gumption

FearlessLeader is online now Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh, the toilet is the only thing I clean with chemicals. Bleach all the way in the loo. But everything else, a tiny smidge of gumption for bath and tiles, some microfiber cloths and a spray bottle half water/vinegar with a splash of eucalyptus oil.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chux magic erasers are amazing!!! And the flushable cleaning wipes with harpic white and shine for the toilet 😊😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Norwex !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vinegar and baking soda

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a book u can get that has how to use vinegar and baking soda for cleaning in all application

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree gumption is a fantastic product.. especially great for cleaning tiles. I worked at a Caravan Park for many years and the cleaners made up their own 'spray & wipe' they used it for the toilets, showers, benches fridges everything.
    Eucalyptus oil, vinegar and water. It worked well and it smells nice and refreshing. Same reason as yourself a few of them suffered from allergies asthma etc. Can't remember quantities sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I use 50/50 water and vinegar (white) for the shower and a paste of bicarb and water on grout if needed. Neither are "natural" so to speak (vinegar is a chemical after all- acetic acid ) but neither should bother your asthma

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For the shower and bath I use 50/50 vinegar and dishwashing liquid in a dish wand.