Closed Thread
Page 91 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Does Lavinia Nixon age? She looks just like she did way back when she was on Hey Hey It's Saturday!
    Back when Darryl used to turn to her & say 'gosh you look like Taylor Hanson!' 😂

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (26-05-2015),~Marigold~  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Realised that if dd1 follows in mine and my mums footsteps, dh and i will be grandparents in less than 10 years

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    Dinosaurs- I think the answer is because they study today's animals and use clues from them to imagine what Dinosaurs quite possibly would have looked like back then. So, most of today's lizards are in the brown/green colour zones for camouflage so it stands to reason that dinosaurs would have been the same type of colours.
    So- they don't know for 100% certain but I would think they are fairly confident.
    I know the answer to this. When you look at fossilised skin impressions you can see the type of pores that were imprinted. Cameleons use their pores to change their colour. By opening and closing their pores. Each type of pore reflects a different colour in essence changing its colour. When you look at fossilised imprints (trace fossils) of dinosaurs, we can see skin and pore imprints. paleontologists are starting to get a very good idea of dinosaur skin colouration. This is a new development over the last 15 years and there is conjecture on how arrurate it is but by using educated guesses and proving and disproving of hypotheses we can advance paleontologists knowledge of dinosaurs

People should also remember that paleontology is not like most sciences. We have to make guesses and then hopefully find evidence to back up the theory but all that evidence may be destroyed or we may not have found it yet.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

almai  (04-06-2015),DesperatelySeekingSleep  (04-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Why does eggplant make my mouth, throat and inside my ears instantly itchy? But not zucchini or squash? Aren't they pretty much the same thing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Why does eggplant make my mouth, throat and inside my ears instantly itchy? But not zucchini or squash? Aren't they pretty much the same thing?
    Eggplant are part of the nightshade family and so are tomatoes, potatoes and capsicums - quite a few people can be allergic to them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Eggplant are part of the nightshade family and so are tomatoes, potatoes and capsicums - quite a few people can be allergic to them.
    You learn something new everyday! I'm fine with all the other things, except tomatoes and things high in acids. They give me mouth ulcers if I eat too many. I never really thought of it as an allergy before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Dinosaurs- I think the answer is because they study today's animals and use clues from them to imagine what Dinosaurs quite possibly would have looked like back then. So, most of today's lizards are in the brown/green colour zones for camouflage so it stands to reason that dinosaurs would have been the same type of colours.
    So- they don't know for 100% certain but I would think they are fairly confident.
    Also dinosaurs were not like lizards, there was a huge variety of dinosaurs and nearly all went extinct at the end of the cretacous. A small raptor had evolved the ability to glide this most likely is the species that went on to evolve into birds ( they have even done embroyonic studies on chickens confirming teeth during fetal development). There is also huge amounts of evidence from trace fossils of velocirapters and ovirapters having feathered plumage. Therefore dinosaurs at least were related to birds. However that is like saying a naked mole rat and a giraffe have the same colourations, evolutionary traits and behaviour.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Well wow! I am blown away! You know a lot about dinosaurs and palaeontology

My random thought: sometimes on the Internet it's very hard to sound sincere- most of the time I think people would believe I am being condescending, not supportive or positive. Even when I try and be helpful I feel like its too condescending. Imagine having this problem in the real world.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

My random thought: sometimes on the Internet it's very hard to sound sincere- most of the time I think people would believe I am being condescending, not supportive or positive. Even when I try and be helpful I feel like its too condescending. Imagine having this problem in the real world.
    The real life version is often associated with aspergers.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (04-06-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (05-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Yes i know a lot about dinosaurs and evolution. Your second thing rings true to me too. In real life, instead of a few facts, i would have been helpful talking about dinosaurs for a good few hours.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (04-06-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (05-06-2015)