Closed Thread
Page 18 of 100 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I craved dip and plastic cheese on toast while pregnant.

Finally living my dream

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    My permanent random thought is: who decided a) to milk the cow and b) to drink the milk?
    Following on from this, who decided to eat berries and find out which were poisonous and which weren't!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree with what you are saying to an extent. But I think that sometimes being your own advocate is not such a bad thing? Providing of course that you know where to look and know that just because you have x,y,z symptom does not mean you have cancer or whatever it is that comes back on internet searches. I have a rare disease, to the point where if I mention in most doctors have no idea what I am talking about and even if they have heard of it, they have no idea about it, what it does or how to treat it. From my reading (of peer reviewed studies) I have found co-morbid conditions that I also suffer from, light bulbs are going off at this point and now I am being investigated for another condition (that has been found to be linked to my condition) that no one has ever suspected in me or my family - it looks likely that both myself and at least one of my children have it, this is all down to my own research. I don't doubt for a second this would never have been picked up if it weren't for me searching out answers. I've had symptoms of this condition my whole life and I am now almost 37, it is looking like my father died at 45 from said condition.

So while I get why you are against doctor google (or doctor peer reviewed journals) I can see benefits - if used right of course And never about self diagnosing either, but self suggesting maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    OK, just say you were worried about your child having Meningococcal Disease, and you Googled the signs and symptoms, and you found "fever, lethargy, flu-like symptoms". Whilst this is true, this could also apply to many other benign viral illnesses of childhood, and cause unneccessary panic and duress. Took me over 4 years working in ED to get my head around "the approach to the unwell child"; those symptoms need to be evaluated within the context of: further history from the parents, clinical examination and laboratory investigations, in order to risk-stratify and differentially-diagnose that child.

Get my point?

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I like dip. Sometimes I just have dip and biscuits for a meal.
    Especially Tzatiki! I could polish off a whole tub of it with some rice crackers or pizza shapes.
    I love dip

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    and cheese!! If were nutritionally acceptable to live off crackers, dips (french onion, that roast capsicum one that costs like $4 and tzatziki) and brie and camembert, I would be set for life!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    and cheese!! If were nutritionally acceptable to live off crackers, dips (french onion, that roast capsicum one that costs like $4 and tzatziki) and brie and camembert, I would be set for life!!!
    We should be roommates!!! My husband just doesn't get why I love crackers, dip and cheese so much!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    We should be roommates!!! My husband just doesn't get why I love crackers, dip and cheese so much!
    My DH doesn't like dip, either.
    Strange people...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    My DH doesn't like dip, either.
    Strange people...

Actually it's probably a good thing, more for me! I was just going to invite you to be my roomie too but then I realised I'd have to share it 3 ways!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (31-05-2014)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    How come, in movies, when a person is supposed to be in labour, they seem to be suffering from one massive contraction the entire time?
    And speaking of actors acting pregnant, Offspring, season finale.. How did Nina lie flat on her back to sleep on the banana lounge by the pool with a 40 weeks pregnant belly? Hmmm?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Lottiemum  (31-05-2014),peanutmonkey  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another movie one- why do they always DTD with their bras on?? Surely a well placed sheet would be more realistic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Another movie one- why do they always DTD with their bras on?? Surely a well placed sheet would be more realistic?
    I totally leave my bra on sometimes...I think my boobs look better in a pretty bra

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app