+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep us.. We got married in Vanuatu
    And asked guests ( about 30 of them) to take pics and send them to us.
    Some did, some didn't - but no regrets. We have a couple of special ones and do t feel like I have missed at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We used a lady that we became friends with in the town we previously lived in and got married in. Photography was just a hobby for her. She took awesome photos. She charged a quarter of the cost of the professional photographers in same town too.

ETA: I went to a wedding last year and they hired a professional photographer. No joke, they got 82 photos. Guests took more photos and some were better than the professional's!
    Last edited by Lauzy; 22-05-2014 at 18:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I've heard you can contact tafe etc. and ask for student photographers that are very cheap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If cost is a factor, what we did was look on Facebook for not-quite-professional photographers who are still building their profile and portfolio. It's quite a bit cheaper (my MIL dropped her coffee mug when I told her the package we got) and because they're still building their reputation, they're more accommodating and open to negotiation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't and my photos where great. One thing my girlfriend did was to get a Polaroid camera and get it passed around for people to take selfies and to write a message on the bottom. That came out quite hilariously after a few drinks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had TWO not-quite-professional photographers. Still heaps cheaper than one professional! And each had their individual style and getting similar photos but from different angles produced some really great shots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I work in a professional photo lab and we have A LOT of people come in disappointed about their photos as their uncle has a "good" camera and could take the photos for free blah blah blah.

Let me just say that hiring a professional photographer is an investment... it is what you have to remember your wedding day in years to come. The only thing you will have to remember the day by. Its not something that should be skimped on unless you don't really care what your photos turn out like.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sent you a pm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

we got a friend of dh's who "apparently" had done professional wedding photography , he had lots of gear with him etc... He was a guest as well at the wedding... He did an " okay" job..considering it cost nothing....but really we didnt get that one great photo of just both of us..a long distance one yes but not a good close up....i guess that was the most dissapointing. We got some ok ones and i spent a long time cropping etc the few decent ones ... Many " poses" never actually seemed to make it to us, and yet there was oddly multiple shots of almost the same poses... Some special moments werent captured either ie signing the register, cutting the cake etc...i dont think he was very skilled, at the time i didnt care but i guess in hindsight i would hire a professional. But i would do your homework, my friend did hire someone who was on the cheap side and she also felt she didnt really get a great shot...so i saved 5k i guess or more... I wasnt devastated with the result but i would probably spend the money in hindsight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH didn't want to get a photographer - he was thinking of just using our family& friends photos. I talked him around as I wanted someone who understood how to take good photos & was only focussed on that. We had a lovely lady & her assistant (they did wedding photography as a part-time job) & we were really really happy with her work. And as she wasn't a full-time pro it didn't cost anywhere near as much.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app