+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I actually didn't prepare him. We just went, and said when the dr has finished we can go have ice cream. He sat down, they distracted him, jab, cried for 10secs, and back to running around like nothing happened, and then asked if we can go for ice cream now.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I had to take my DSS for his needles at age 4- all of them- he had to have each shot a few weeks apart (he was unvaccinated- long story) to catch up. I found the best thing was to be honest on the way to the dr, I held him close while he got them done or his dad did and like others, he got a reward later. It got tough toward the end, he would cry with anticipation and it broke my heart each time. But I would tell him how brave he was being and hold eye contact so he wouldn't notice as much and then it would be over. For him, the anticipation was usually worse than the needle, he was always ok a few mins later.
    Ohhh poor little fella

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (22-05-2014)

Similar Threads

1. TTC 2015 - what are you doing to prepare
    By MrsMummaButterfly in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 08-02-2015, 12:26
  2. How can I pre-prepare quiche?
    By JR03 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-11-2013, 11:52