+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Yes Luv, he did advise that (he was my original FS and my current one advised 3 if we wanted to) and that was during the discussions we had before I even started Cycle 1. I wasn't expecting that myself and got a bit of a surprise when he said it as I just assumed it would be 1. He wanted to do 2xDay 2 transfer, but I wanted a Day 5 transfer if we had the embryo numbers and again, thought he would only agree to one, but he said 2 from the get go due to my age

I was reading on the other thread about wondering if you can refreeze embryo's once thawed, and I believe it is possible from what I've read although I have no experience of FET as none of our excess embryo's were ever of a good enough quality to freeze (except on our last Cycle when our Embryologist told us that he would've been happy to freeze them on Day 3 if we needed to for any reason). I'm hoping one of the other ladies who do have experience with refreezing embryo's will be able to help you out

7 frostie's is really good Luv and that's a good plan that you have. My little Bellybean is doing really well (we have a healthy little girl on board) and I'm almost 26 weeks now. So far so good We were very, very lucky to get her and we were only going to do one more Cycle if the last one didn't work then call it quits (we still had/have 1 vial of DP's frozen TESA'd sperm on ice). We couldn't of done it without the expertise of my FS and the all the lab staff as well at my clinic. I also learned a hell of a lot from many of the other ladies here on BH who have been kind enough to share their experiences and knowledge in conjunction with the hours upon hours of research I did myself since before we even started Cycle 1 and that I continued to do right up to and including my last Cycle.

Once again, to you Luv and here's to a BFP on your next transfer!!!
    oh my goodness I'm so excited for you!!! I love hearing ivf success stories and you've affirmed to me that it's totally an ok thing to be a researcher. Ivf is a business for Fs and as much as they may care about our outcomes, they also care about making a lot of money too! So it makes sense to know the ins and outs! Hopefully someone can answer about thawing and freezing!sure is great news Hun , is she a kicker!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by blossom1 View Post
    oh my goodness I'm so excited for you!!! I love hearing ivf success stories and you've affirmed to me that it's totally an ok thing to be a researcher. Ivf is a business for Fs and as much as they may care about our outcomes, they also care about making a lot of money too! So it makes sense to know the ins and outs! Hopefully someone can answer about thawing and freezing!sure is great news Hun , is she a kicker!?
    Knowledge is power Luv and what I found (especially with my first FS) was that I had to bring idea's to the table as he wasn't forthcoming at all though I'm sure he knew what I was talking about it regards to protocols, drugs, supplements etc that would maximise both my egg quality and egg numbers. But he just wanted to do the same old sh*t every Cycle.

After the fiasco of Cycle 3 in which he gave me no decent reasons for why so many of my eggs were immature (once again, I had to research the possible reasons), he then told me "No" when I proposed certain supplements (like Melatonin/DHEA) and drugs (like Saizen) and drug protocols (like using Menopur) that I wanted to try in the hope of increasing my egg quality, so I went to a FS who said "Yes" and not only did he say "Yes", he also believed in these drugs/supplements and used them routinely in his drug protocols plus he had quite a few idea's of his own on how best to maximise my egg quality, DP's sperm quality in conjunction with getting my oven in the best shape possible for transfer/implantation

Oh yes, she's a mover and shaker allright!! She's been making her presence known since I was around 15wks+4 days and her movements have increased more and more as the weeks have gone by and she's gotten bigger and stronger She woke me up the other morning at 2am kicking up a storm (I think it was because I was lying on my right side which is the side she favours and always has done and she didn't like it, was probably squashing her or something??) She's pretty much in a routine now of when she's awake and when she's asleep/resting but it's all hours of the day and night

Research away Luv, ask plenty of questions and don't be afraid to challenge your FS either, that's what I've learned anyhoo
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 24-05-2014 at 17:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Knowledge is power Luv and what I found (especially with my first FS) was that I had to bring idea's to the table as he wasn't forthcoming at all though I'm sure he knew what I was talking about it regards to protocols, drugs, supplements etc that would maximise both my egg quality and egg numbers. But he just wanted to do the same old sh*t every Cycle.

After the fiasco of Cycle 3 in which he gave me no decent reasons for why so many of my eggs were immature (once again, I had to research the possible reasons), he then told me "No" when I proposed certain supplements (like Melatonin/DHEA) and drugs (like Saizen) and drug protocols (like using Menopur) that I wanted to try in the hope of increasing my egg quality, so I went to a FS who said "Yes" and not only did he say "Yes", he also believed in these drugs/supplements and used them routinely in his drug protocols plus he had quite a few idea's of his own on how best to maximise my egg quality, DP's sperm quality in conjunction with getting my oven in the best shape possible for transfer/implantation

Oh yes, she's a mover and shaker allright!! She's been making her presence known since I was around 15wks+4 days and her movements have increased more and more as the weeks have gone by and she's gotten bigger and stronger She woke me up the other morning at 2am kicking up a storm (I think it was because I was lying on my right side which is the side she favours and always has done and she didn't like it, was probably squashing her or something??) She's pretty much in a routine now of when she's awake and when she's asleep/resting but it's all hours of the day and night

Research away Luv, ask plenty of questions and don't be afraid to challenge your FS either, that's what I've learned anyhoo
    You're amazing! I love hearing women so empowered! I've honestly seen so many women just sit back and just accept that their FS says "nothing can be done"...after 5 failed cycles too ! amazing to think you would not probably have your little girl on board now if you hadn't taken that power into your own hands! Your daughter is gonna be one lucky girl with a mumma to teach her some wonderful skills in standing up, us women need that! I can imagine she's already telling you what SHE thinks when you're on your tummy get off me mum!!! So cute! Will this be your first?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    You're amazing! I love hearing women so empowered! I've honestly seen so many women just sit back and just accept that their FS says "nothing can be done"...after 5 failed cycles too ! amazing to think you would not probably have your little girl on board now if you hadn't taken that power into your own hands! Your daughter is gonna be one lucky girl with a mumma to teach her some wonderful skills in standing up, us women need that! I can imagine she's already telling you what SHE thinks when you're on your tummy get off me mum!!! So cute! Will this be your first?
    Thanks for the kind words Luv I've always been a pretty strong-willed, outspoken kind of a person anyway, though when I was younger I didn't have as much confidence in certain area's that I do now and although I would've still questioned things to a certain extent, I most likely would have just done what the FS wanted as I would've also have taken them on face value and blindly trusted their opinion and not backed myself, besides which, I'm too old to fart ar*e about with something like this and haven't got the time, the inclination nor the $ to just keep on doing the same old, same old in the hope that it would eventually work.....getting older does have some advantages!!

Although my original FS was a lovely, lovely man, at the end of the day he was just too conservative for me and in our situation, I needed someone who was modern and progressive in their approach and not afraid to take risks etc as DP and I were pushing sh*t uphill from the get go as it was (my age in combination with DP's TESA'd sperm which is not as mature as ejaculated sperm).

Yes, she's our first and she'll be our last too After all we've been through physically, emotionally, spiritually and financially there's no way we could go through it all again plus the thought of being even older than we are now and having another (and we would be considerably older by the time we'd be ready to try again) is not appealing either plus by then my eggs would in all likelihood be completely crap and my ovaries would be tired thus producing bugger all follicles for EPU in which case, I wouldn't even bother going ahead.

No, one precious baby is more than enough for us and for my sanity too!! We'll quit while we're ahead and just be thankful that we got her against all the odds

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

blossom1  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Soques View Post
    I can appreciate your stance, but wouldn't that be the same if you have more than one child, as you still have to split your love and attention up between all of your children... You just happen to have two at the same age with twins. Just curious?
    Yeah, no, not the same at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm also curious as it obviously didn't stop you having two more children?? Were any of your children conceived via IVF/ART therapies just out of interest?? It definitely would've stopped me dead in my tracks that's for sure!!
    I now have 6 kids actually. Only one set of twins thank goodness. So yes I love having a big family, but I'm glad I only had one set of twins. That was tough. And if I hadn't already had the experience of having a baby, it would have been even tougher.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

blossom1  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Soques View Post
    I can appreciate your stance, but wouldn't that be the same if you have more than one child, as you still have to split your love and attention up between all of your children... You just happen to have two at the same age with twins. Just curious?
    Can I butt in here and just answer this from my own perspective in trying to explain what may have been meant about splitting attention with twins.....
    I think the difference is that with two children born singly you may not realise just how capable one is when the next is born. Even if they are close together in age, one would be at least sitting for example. I never knew how much just their ability to sit would change my life with twins! When it comes to cuddles, reading a story together, playing on a swing, many different things! The inability to cuddle two can feel quite sad when they are floppy little newborns. Or having to work on a schedule that works for two, not being able to completely follow the needs of one tiny baby because you can't hold two to sleep when they are just first starting out life and need lots of knowing you're there. Or feed both on demand, as much as you'd dearly love to. Bathtime, outings, the list goes on. Lots of things are divided attention but also catering to the juggle of two needing the same thing.

I completely agree that having two children apart is very similar in many ways and I strongly believe twins has its benefits in many ways that make life easier too at times (eg: my twins are on the same foods, so I'm preparing the same meal for two rather than catering for two different feeding stages). I adore having twins and for all the stories I've heard from others, have genuinely not found it very hard. However the reality is, that the juggling in the early days can be quite heartbreaking. Having said that, they have the benefit of constantly having one another and, in my view, this makes up for it in a different way.

I never say having twins is harder, it's just different challenges. I can recognise the differences and appreciate the ones I don't have by having different aged children too. I'm glad you wanted to understand. Once again....I'm only butting in here and it's only my view but I hope that helps

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NAT2561 For This Useful Post:

blossom1  (25-05-2014),Wise Enough  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by NAT2561 View Post
    Can I butt in here and just answer this from my own perspective in trying to explain what may have been meant about splitting attention with twins.....
    I think the difference is that with two children born singly you may not realise just how capable one is when the next is born. Even if they are close together in age, one would be at least sitting for example. I never knew how much just their ability to sit would change my life with twins! When it comes to cuddles, reading a story together, playing on a swing, many different things! The inability to cuddle two can feel quite sad when they are floppy little newborns. Or having to work on a schedule that works for two, not being able to completely follow the needs of one tiny baby because you can't hold two to sleep when they are just first starting out life and need lots of knowing you're there. Or feed both on demand, as much as you'd dearly love to. Bathtime, outings, the list goes on. Lots of things are divided attention but also catering to the juggle of two needing the same thing.

I completely agree that having two children apart is very similar in many ways and I strongly believe twins has its benefits in many ways that make life easier too at times (eg: my twins are on the same foods, so I'm preparing the same meal for two rather than catering for two different feeding stages). I adore having twins and for all the stories I've heard from others, have genuinely not found it very hard. However the reality is, that the juggling in the early days can be quite heartbreaking. Having said that, they have the benefit of constantly having one another and, in my view, this makes up for it in a different way.

I never say having twins is harder, it's just different challenges. I can recognise the differences and appreciate the ones I don't have by having different aged children too. I'm glad you wanted to understand. Once again....I'm only butting in here and it's only my view but I hope that helps

absolutely I can see where you are coming from and really appreciate this perspective from someone with lived experience. What you've said has really resonated for me of how it would be a such a challenge in the early days and the sadness of not being able to just give complete attention to one bub . Thank you!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to blossom1 For This Useful Post:

NAT2561  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    absolutely I can see where you are coming from and really appreciate this perspective from someone with lived experience. What you've said has really resonated for me of how it would be a such a challenge in the early days and the sadness of not being able to just give complete attention to one bub . Thank you!
    Thanks! I love it when a forum can be used to positively educate each other on both sides about other perspectives without judgement either way. I wish there was more of it!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT2561 For This Useful Post:

blossom1  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by NAT2561 View Post
    Thanks! I love it when a forum can be used to positively educate each other on both sides about other perspectives without judgement either way. I wish there was more of it!

nat, just curious, how does feeding work with twins? Do you put both bubs on the Breast at the same time, or did you have to bottle feed one etc? You must have felt like you were always feeding?!! And did bubs go to sleep at same time and wake? No doubt they will be hilarious questions to even ask if I had had twins I'm just curious !