+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Need some advice!

I'm currently looking into setting up a mobile child restraint service in my city and had a few questions for you ladies.

If you were picking a business to fit your child restraints, would you rather one with a simple name (*City Name* Mobile Car Seat Installation) or something ~fun like Kids In Cars/Fitted For You - then the important stuff.

If you were searching for a business on Facebook/Google would having your city/town's name in the business be important? Key words (in the business name) etc.

One more... If you were to search for a fitting business, would you be more likely to search for
    -Child Restraint or Car Seat
    -Fitting or Installation

TIA, ladies!
    Last edited by callmedragon22; 21-05-2014 at 16:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd probably go *City* mobile car seat installation, and yes, I think it is helpful having the city in the name. Sometimes, I'd go for these places first because they appear more convenient (even if the person is coming to me).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyMum For This Useful Post:

callmedragon22  (21-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Having the city name in the title would be good but it can restrict business expansion and what happens if you move cities! Maybe it could be eg
    Kids belted up!
    *insert area* restraint goto gurus
    *insert contact details here*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking back to local businesses I've used (services like removalists, tradies, carpet cleaners etc) it's been a mix- about half have had the city/suburb name and half haven't. Having the city name probably sounds more "official" but I'm probably more swayed by reviews, word of mouth and price.

Regardless of what you decide, I'd definitely make sure your business is listed with the main online directories.

It's free to list a business on True Local and yellow pages online, and I've noticed when I search for a business, these sites are usually on the first page of google results because they already have a good search engine ranking (and they're usually the ones I click on first).

Having the city name in your business name could be beneficial in terms of SEO, but if you list with sites like these that are already ranked well, it may not be necessary to include it.

As I mentioned before, I am often swayed by reviews and testimonials (even though I know some businesses falsify theirs). Once you're up and running, you could always ask customers if they have any feedback and are willing to provide a testimonial if they're happy with the service? (I've provided testimonials to a couple of small businesses before for their websites and was more than happy to do so when asked).

For an online search, I'd probably put: car seat installation *city name*

Good luck!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sky1 For This Useful Post:

callmedragon22  (21-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks so much for the input ladies

bump for the night crowd!