Closed Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tastychicken View Post
    I am going to go against the grain here and say you were inapropriate to touch her property.
    Really? I've moved other peoples' prams at times, and other people have moved mine. Only in certain circumstances, where it's clear that the pram's in the way and the owner doesn't have a free hand to move it. It's never been a problem.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (21-05-2014),bezzy  (21-05-2014),GrabbyCrabby  (21-05-2014),HugsBunny  (21-05-2014),Tamtam  (21-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, how rude! I would be annoyed too OP.

She could have been polite and provided an 'I'm so sorry I'm in the way I'll just be a minute' or similar! It's easy to be polite!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How rude. Some people need to learn the world doesn't revolve around them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am going to go against the grain here and say you were inapropriate to touch her property.

When my son started rolling gee his wee would go everywhere and changing him was a 2 handed job. If I explained that his wee would go everywhere and then someone proceeded to touch my prolerty because they could not wait 1 minute, I would be livid.
    Well honestly if you saw my op you would see I wrote a shock horror 'I touched her pram'.... I wasn't going to... but she clearly had two hands on bub... . You also said you needed two hands for your bub .. so I politely asked/said 'I'll just move it a touch so I can get there'.... I by no means think I overstepped the boundaries by touching her property.
    And you'll also notice that I did not venture further to touch her pram once she said no quite rudely to me. So I did respect her boundary. .. still. .. I was polite about it.
    In fact. .I hate people touching my stuff too.. but if I had my hands full, in the same situation and I was blocking someone I would be only too happy for them to move the pram slightly so they could also change their child's nappy.

Funnily enough my pram was blocking her exit when she wanted to leave and even though I had my hands full changing my daughter. ...I turned to my mum who was with me and said to my mum to just go out with the pram so she could get by!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

gold coast mumma  (21-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    It's very rude and OTT that she wouldn't let you use the space that was free.
    I've had 2 boys and changed them numerous times whilst out in public without wee going everywhere. It's quite simple to avoid really.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Very rude I would have just moved her pram and told her to stop being a rude cow !!!!!
    I mean after I had already asked nicely

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (23-05-2014),GlitterFarts  (21-05-2014),me+he&she=three  (21-05-2014),mummytomy2boysxxx  (21-05-2014),penny92  (21-05-2014),Tamtam  (21-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I move people's prams all the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dunno, i personally don't find it outrageous and think maybe waiting a minute till she was finished was probably not an issue. She was probably flustered, and that simple request was just too much.. I wouldn't throw her under the bus for it! Poor woman, i wouldn't have questioned her, just given her time to finish what she was doing.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monkey&&me For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (21-05-2014),TimeForWine  (22-05-2014),TreeGirl  (21-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Well honestly if you saw my op you would see I wrote a shock horror 'I touched her pram'.... I wasn't going to... but she clearly had two hands on bub... . You also said you needed two hands for your bub .. so I politely asked/said 'I'll just move it a touch so I can get there'.... I by no means think I overstepped the boundaries by touching her property.
    And you'll also notice that I did not venture further to touch her pram once she said no quite rudely to me. So I did respect her boundary. .. still. .. I was polite about it.
    In fact. .I hate people touching my stuff too.. but if I had my hands full, in the same situation and I was blocking someone I would be only too happy for them to move the pram slightly so they could also change their child's nappy.

Funnily enough my pram was blocking her exit when she wanted to leave and even though I had my hands full changing my daughter. ...I turned to my mum who was with me and said to my mum to just go out with the pram so she could get by!!!!

saying this and touching property is not asking and you did not let her give consent to you touching her property. I do not care how nice you said it, it is still a huge invasion of privacy.

If you said "Can i move your pram?", this would be a different scenario.

Thanks
    Reviews
    saying this and touching property is not asking and you did not let her give consent to you touching her property. I do not care how nice you said it, it is still a huge invasion of privacy.

If you said "Can i move your pram?", this would be a different scenario.
    Oh well. Guess I'll disagree with you. The inflection in my voice indicated a question. And I stopped when she got snarky and stepped back.
    So yeah. .. I think if anyone was inappropriate in the situation it was her. Her rudeness was unwarranted especially as I was very polite.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

gold coast mumma  (21-05-2014),VicPark  (23-05-2014),Wonderingwhy  (22-05-2014)