Closed Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    But also @VicPark the OP was commenting on a situation which directly affected her. To be fair many of your posts cast judgment on situations which have no direct impact on you.

I think of it as playing the ball, not the man.
    Good point

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dee1 View Post
    I wonder how differently this thread would have gone if the other woman wrote it.

'I was in the change room changing ds when this lady asked me to move my pram so she could get to the other change table. Admittedly I was in the way, but I was in a bit of a frazzle as ds tends to wee everywhere when he changes so I just wanted to get it done as quick as possible. I said no because ds will wee everywhere, then she pointed to my pram and suggested that she would move my pram for me, but I said no. I had some expensive things in there and didn't want to risk it being out of my sight. Couldn't she just wait 2 minutes for me to finish changing him? I was already stressed enough from battling PND & having no sleep last night. Can't women just support each other?'

Cue the - oh no, how rude why couldn't she just wait 2 minutes responses.

Anyone can paint a picture to get the reaction you want. I will reserve my judgement as I wasn't there, so I don't know the tone you or the other woman used.
    I see your point. I actually said I would welcome a reply from the other lady. Which is fine. I didn't use a 'tone'... I was very polite as I have mentioned many times. Moving her pram half a metre would not have been out of her sight.

I also didn't 'paint a picture' to get a reaction on BH if that's what you're implying.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (22-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tamtam - maybe she was scared you would take off with her Bugaboo! lol.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (22-05-2014),SAgirl  (22-05-2014),Tamtam  (22-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wowser. All I can think in this thread is of my friend, who actually died of cancer when her kids were still babies... her response to both the actual scenario, and the people up in arms about someone commenting about a scenario on a parenting forum would be 'some people need to get a real problem.'

Tam Tam you did nothing wrong. I move people's prams all the time when they're in the way, and people used to move mine. It's just not a big deal.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    Tamtam - maybe she was scared you would take off with her Bugaboo! lol.
    Haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wonder how differently this thread would have gone if the other woman wrote it.

'I was in the change room changing ds when this lady asked me to move my pram so she could get to the other change table. Admittedly I was in the way, but I was in a bit of a frazzle as ds tends to wee everywhere when he changes so I just wanted to get it done as quick as possible. I said no because ds will wee everywhere, then she pointed to my pram and suggested that she would move my pram for me, but I said no. I had some expensive things in there and didn't want to risk it being out of my sight. Couldn't she just wait 2 minutes for me to finish changing him? I was already stressed enough from battling PND & having no sleep last night. Can't women just support each other?'

Anyone can paint a picture to get the reaction you want. I will reserve my judgement as I wasn't there, so I don't know the tone you or the other woman used.
    Perfectly put!! This is exactly how I see things on BH sometimes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    I wasn't up in arms at sagirl's stance as such. I stand by the notion that bad manners are bad manners. ..just because you're having a bad day doesn't mean you should be rude. I was clarifying to her though that I am not childish or a liar... .see a few pages back.

I don't think the thread needs closing or anything but I also don't want to see it become more than it was?? Perhaps we can all just leave it now?

Just to clarify once again, I never called you a liar....

My 'childish' comment also was not particularly directed at your post, it was a general comment as everyone seemed to be up in arms about how rude this woman was... Just seemed a bit silly as to how 'big' this topic got so quickly. (As you have also said)

Thanks
    Reviews

Exactly what I thought earlier this morning but you were quicker than me

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Muffet  (22-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I prob would have just waited a minute or two untill she or the other person was done. I don't like confrontations and I respect peoples space.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Muffet For This Useful Post:

wannawannabe  (22-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    I see your point. I actually said I would welcome a reply from the other lady. Which is fine. I didn't use a 'tone'... I was very polite as I have mentioned many times. Moving her pram half a metre would not have been out of her sight.

I also didn't 'paint a picture' to get a reaction on BH if that's what you're implying.

I'm sorry that you are on the defensive (perhaps due to the mixed feedback you have received). My point was that the situation is subjective, we will all view it differently based on our frame of mind. If the lady involved came and told her story, I'm sure she would paint it in a different light based on how she felt in that situation.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dee1 For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (22-05-2014)