Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Etiquette in baby change rooms!

Um is this rude much????
    I was at the baby change rooms today at the shops. There were three changing 'stations' and two were in use.
    One mum was blocking the free one with her pram.
    So I politely said, "excuse me, would you mind so I can get to the change area?" Indicating the free station.
    Her response, " um no. .. He'll pee everywhere."
    I replied saying "I'll just move this a bit so I can get there. ." Indicating her pram (yes shocking I would touch her pram).
    She's adamantly says no. .. continues to change her baby taking up the whole area!
    I don't get it. .. I couldn't believe how rude she was. I was very polite and not r rude.. and would happily wait for a change station if there was a queue... But there was no need.

I hope she reads this forum and thinks how rude she was and how other mums should help each other out!!!

ETA no point really to this post just venting!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Tamtam; 21-05-2014 at 14:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep, that's mega rude!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's so so rude! I have no idea what makes people treat total strangers like that. Even if I was having the worst morning ever I would never treat a person like that. What a great example for her child she is.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dollypops For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (21-05-2014),penny92  (21-05-2014),Wonderingwhy  (22-05-2014),~Marigold~  (21-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wonder whether there was some miscommunication going on there... like there was another reason for not wanting to move things, or she misunderstood what you were asking.

I wonder because it's a strange, and otherwise very rude, response to what you asked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mmm...yes, very rude and upsetting...I wonder if she was having a really, really bad day today....no excuse for it though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    I wonder whether there was some miscommunication going on there... like there was another reason for not wanting to move things, or she misunderstood what you were asking.

I wonder because it's a strange, and otherwise very rude, response to what you asked.
    I thought the same. .. But my mum was with me and it said it was really weird how rude she was. I don't think she misunderstood. I mean there's no way she thought I was trying to push her out of the way to use her change station. .. it was clear the one next to her was free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    How bizarre? Seems like she was very wound up and uptight and overreacted, I would try not to worry about it, you did nothing wrong.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (21-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just don't get the "he'll pee everywhere" was she referring to her baby? If so what is she giving him to think he will pee like a fire hose to cover everyone!

But I do think it is rude!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes rude.

No excuse even if having a bad day coz u don't know how the other mum is coping either, so even if u feel poopy it's nice to be polite to others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I am going to go against the grain here and say you were inapropriate to touch her property.

When my son started rolling gee his wee would go everywhere and changing him was a 2 handed job. If I explained that his wee would go everywhere and then someone proceeded to touch my prolerty because they could not wait 1 minute, I would be livid.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast