+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ideal age gap between twins and another bub?

As the title suggests, I'm wondering what age gaps you have had between your twins and next baby and how you have found the gap?

mine are currently 15 months and I'm wondering if it's best to have my last baby once they are 5 and in school or if I should just get the infant stage out the way now! ( not sure how I'd cope!)

i also wonder about family dynamics of 3 children when twins are involved, does the singleton get left out?

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi , I had one son first, 21months later twin daughters, and then three years 8 months our last son was born. I had four children under 6 and it was ok. love how close they are now as adults, and apart from the teenage years, it was all pretty good. I definitely allowed the twins to grow to some measure of independence before I had the last bub.. Marie

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

duck07  (21-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have twins and am suspecting I might be pregnant...not 100% sure however. However just thinking about it, my boys are 2.5 now and I think they could handle it now...any earlier though and I think I might have torn my hair out! Of course, this is just from my experiences! (: I think when the twins are school age could be good because you will get the time when they are at school with bub and they will be old enough to help if they want to?

I am also curious about the family dynamics too! I have heard that its hard when you have a singleton and then twins come next, but not sure about the other way around!

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi thetwinsmum. there was no big deal between having the single bubs with twins. I had single boys either side of my twin daughters, there was no problem. just busy, and full on sometimes but they are all great mates now. marie..

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    My boys were 10 weeks off turning 5 when I had my dd. they were in their 3rd term of kinder (preschool) and I don't think I would have been able to handle any smaller of an age gap.

They were very understanding about the baby being needy and very good with following instruction and were gentle and loving with the baby too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

duck07  (11-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My twins just turned 3 and I'm 13 weeks preg with a single. So my pair will be 3.5 when newbie arrives, they go to kindy 4 days a week so I'm not too concerned. Their fighting is crazy at the moment but I suspect DD will turn her bossy nature toward being the 'mini mum' to new bub and stop picking on DS

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tw1nmummy For This Useful Post:

duck07  (11-05-2015)