+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Every time I wear them. I have 3 feral boys, one with the vomiting kind of reflux - if I didnt wash them they'd smell.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Acadaca  (22-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When they are so critter ridden they can walk to the laundry themselves?? Hehe, nah, probably 2-3 times a week for my fave pair. My kids are forever wiping their hands on me, their hands can get pretty gross! I like fresh smelling clothes.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to oozzle For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (21-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Every time i wear them! Or if i only wore them a couple hours then I might wear them the next day. I don't understand why some people leave them so long between washes. Weeks to months between washes? They are no different to normal pants IMO.
    I wash mine after a few days - same as I do with my normal pants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When they're dirty - so that depends. Anywhere from a couple of wears to a couple of weeks depending on what they've been through. If they got something spilled on them straight away etc. then I'd wash them.

Only exception is jeans for gardening. They are FILTHY after one wear, but I'll usually wear them like that 2 or 3 times before washing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Every time i wear them! Or if i only wore them a couple hours then I might wear them the next day. I don't understand why some people leave them so long between washes. Weeks to months between washes? They are no different to normal pants IMO.
    Denim reacts very differently to normal pants though when washing. I try and not wash them unless they are actually dirty. You can put them in the freezer to freshen them up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (22-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    After every wear (unless it was a super quick wear of an hour or so).

The thought if jeans being worn multiple times (let alone weeks on end) before washing grosses me out!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Acadaca  (22-05-2014),KillerHeels  (21-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    M

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wash them after every couple of wears. With the time it takes to dry them, I'd never get a chance to wear them!' Especially in winter. I've only hot one pair

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wear mine 3-4 times or so before washing. If I've been somewhere grubby, dirty, sweaty or in laws place and they're covered in dog then I'll wash them after that wear. I mainly worry about the crotch getting whiffy. The rest doesn't bother me.

DH is into the whole raw selvedge denim thing where basically you don't wash your jeans often. I think in the 2-3 years he's had his current pair he's washed them twice (when he first bought them to get them to fit him, and last month). I personally think it's gross but it's all to do with how raw denim is supposed to be self cleaning, and the idea of the selvedge jeans is that no two pairs are the same. They mould to your body and you get your own creases and wear lines. People even keep things in pockets to get specific wear lines.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every couple of wears or when they get dirty. My work slacks get 2 wears before a wash as well. they cant get that dirty sitting in an office all day.