+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default NASA Study on the future of the earth

I just read this, on the interwebs.

and I was like OMG

But it that's just me, I always do over this kind of stuff.

http://www.filmsforaction.org/articl...g-good-for-us/

WDYT when you read this ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Makes me sad even thinking about the future and my Children's future, the way things are right now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Me too Star light. Scary

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

Star Light  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It feels like we as individuals have no control over it - that is the scary part.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Light For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes , maybe writing letters, discussing and debating stuff, and voting for parties that actually seem to care about this stuff-Foreign aid and redistribution of the wealth. Renewable energy, keeping our farming industries alive etc are the things we can do.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just doesn't seem like these things will cut it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, Ive been on this thought train for a while. I remember in a great convo with friends years ago, I stated that we are on our way out, we are killing ourselves off. Society on a down hill run. And I've never understood why people are so gung ho on growing the economy and voting for the economy against nature.... With out money our lungs still fill with air, out hearts still pump blood, nature is still there..... You can't eat a 20 at the end of the day. Sustainability in every sense!! Reading this stuff gets me passionate and excited for change!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamer1 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (20-05-2014),sockstealingpoltergeist  (22-05-2014),Star Light  (21-05-2014)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah, pretty freaky. Those doomsday groups who are hoarding resources, guns etc are probably totally on the right track!

We refuse to learn from our mistakes, so I guess annihilation is inevitable. Damn.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

sockstealingpoltergeist  (22-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well, the idea of those in "elite power" pushing for constant, unsustainable economic growth while further deepening the divide between richest and poorest is certainly in keeping with the proposed 2014 budget. Articles like that keep me up at night sometimes! Others, I'm a bit more que sera, sera about it all. I'll keep trying to live as green as I can, grow some vegies, live a small footprint and teach my children to do the same, protest in ways that I can. It's really all I *can* do about it - I'm not "elite", I have no real power against the corporate machine.
    It does make me really wonder if having children is a fair thing to do with such an uncertain future looming.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

Dreamer1  (21-05-2014),sockstealingpoltergeist  (22-05-2014),Stiflers Mom  (21-05-2014)