+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I didn't say it was outrageous.
    Sorry I know you did not. I was just coming back to edit my post as I did not mean to quote you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    @Pusheen The Cat
    I haven't replied to you as you quoted me because I had no idea what butthurt meant!!! I know now. . Thanks @cheekychook

Guess there's a lot of butthurt in this thread then. wonder why you singled me out?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Lol sorry, didn't mean to single you out I guess your post came across quite emotive. I just responded.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pusheen The Cat For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (21-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The picture is suppose to come across as a "tongue in cheek" kind of joke.

⭐️DS #1 born 15.03.2010⭐️
    ⭐️DS #2 born 16.02.2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Luminary For This Useful Post:

Pusheen The Cat  (22-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, so I was reading the comments on the site the father originally posted it to.

It wasn't staged - The dad said that they have twins and sometimes need the 6-year-old to help to with the feeding.

From what I can gather, they asked the 6-year-old to feed the baby, then when they returned she was in the position in the pic, so they took a photo and that was the end of it. He said it happened over a fairly short period of time. He also said his kids are very loved.

A NICU nurse did comment that that type of bottle is typically used in the US for premature babies (slow-flow for babies at risk of choking etc) and having a child do the feeding for preemies isn't ideal, likewise with bottle propping because aspiration can occur very quickly.

The comments were mixed on Reddit too, so I think @BigRedV is right that everyone sees it differently and no-one is right or wrong.

Interestingly, a lot of people were concerned about the girl having the iPad so close to her face and it damaging her eyesight (that didn't even cross my mind tbh!).

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sky1 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (22-05-2014),beebs  (28-05-2014),Jensha  (22-05-2014),VicPark  (22-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In my opinion I think the parents just wanted to capture there dds way of multitasking he even said 'feeting' won't be happening again.

Seriously lol I don't particularly find it hilarious but I get where he was coming from some people like to make a mountain out of every single mole hill. If this is the worst thing anyone can be upset about today that's still a pretty good day.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jensha For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Meh... I looked at it and didn't even know how I felt about it.

Not an ideal way of feeding a baby but in a way, great multitasking and I don't find it particularly funny.

I've seen a lot worse pictures...

Take those horrible controversial breastfeeding photos for eg... (Kidding!)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default reply

sad

12. The Following User Says Thank You to peppertrees2014 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This photo is really sad, why isn't the mother feeding the baby and interacting with her preschooler instead of taking a photo?? It should not be the 6 year old's responsibility to be taking care of the basic needs of a baby. Multi tasking is a good task when used correctly

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lovzbeingamummy For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (29-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I honestly don't find this disturbing or "sad" in the slightest. In the old days, when people had 10+ kids, all the kids had to help out with all the other kids it was just how it was. Nothing mean, sad, abusing about it.

Of course it is not the right way to feed a baby, but she is six, my older kids always want to look after the younger ones, I'm sure when they gave her the bottle she was doing it the right way and they walked away and she did that.

It takes about 1 second to take a photo, I don't think a snap judgement can be made about the parents, when we are literally seeing a snap of one second in their life?

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (29-05-2014),babyla  (29-05-2014),Mama Mirabelle  (31-05-2014),mummytomy2boysxxx  (31-05-2014),ozeymumof5  (29-05-2014),snowqu33n  (29-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lovzbeingamummy View Post
    This photo is really sad, why isn't the mother feeding the baby and interacting with her preschooler instead of taking a photo??
    Really? So you don;t have any photos of your kids is that right?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (29-05-2014),mummytomy2boysxxx  (31-05-2014),snowqu33n  (29-05-2014)