+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not photoshopped. The Dad of the two girls in the picture wrote about it on his blog:
    http://whithiler.com/new-blog/2014/1...by-like-a-boss

FEED A BABY LIKE A BOSS
    January 6, 2014

My daughters recently graced the front page of Reddit and imgur with this hilarious photo of my six year old feeding her baby sister with her foot. Or as one redditor liked to call it: feeting the baby”.

The photo has been making the rounds on the old Internet. It was picked up by Buzzfeed, the Huffington Post, etc.

While we don’t condone, encourage or ever want to see another ‘feeting’ going down in our house, we think the photo is pretty damn funny. We applaud her multitasking skills.

She appears to be like her daddy, lazy with a side of ADD.
    Last edited by sky1; 21-05-2014 at 11:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    I don't find it disgusting, there's a heck of a lot more disgusting things going on the work for people to get up in arms about. Anyway, it's photoshopped, it's not real, it's just a silly joke meme.

I agree there are more disgusting things going on in the world. Does that mean smaller disgusting things arent that? It still is. There are different levels. this isn't funny at all. But whatever to whoever posted his daughter doing it. Must have a different sense of humour to me and my circle.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kim85 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (21-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Thats awful. Apart from how young that baby looks.... the bottle surely isn't safely held at the baby's mouth...the baby could choke. And look at all the blankets.

I dont even think it's funny if its staged...and the parent thougnt it was funny for a second.

Sent from my GT-P5220 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    So much butthurt...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't find it particularly funny (but I'm being a grouch today anyway) but also don't find it remotely shocking or offensive or upsetting in any way.
    Pretty sure no one was in any danger if the parent was right there to take the photo, and from the blog post it sounds like as soon as the photo was taken the situation was rectified.
    Definitely rates pretty high in my list of things of "Seriously? People are upset about that?" though.

More importantly - I thought we weren't supposed to judge people based on a single snapshot of their lives...

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

beebs  (28-05-2014),gizmoduckus  (29-05-2014),Jensha  (22-05-2014),Mama Mirabelle  (21-05-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (21-05-2014),Rutabaga  (22-05-2014),snowqu33n  (21-05-2014),White Mage  (21-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Set up, fake or not. I don't understand how that would be considered funny? Some people are sick!!

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Its a joke.

I'm sure both kids are in no danger.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeForWine For This Useful Post:

White Mage  (21-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I doubt very much that the baby was in any danger. Going off what the dad wrote in his blog, I'm sure the kids were being supervised and although I don't find it particularly funny I don't think there's anything to get upset about either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I imagine the kid has said something like "hey dad look what I can do!" And they've snapped a picture. Really not a big deal. I can't believe the outrage

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Peeps are reading far more into this than it needs.

Young girl captured using an electronic device whilst using her foot to prop up her younger sibling's bottle. Clearly there was an adult in the room, given there is photographic evidence. I'm going to give the adult the benefit of the doubt and assume they took the photo, then put an end to the whole thing.

Ya'll need to calm your farms. Whatever happened to giving people the benefit of the doubt? The adult involved clearly got a giggle out of it, I hardly think they're putting ANYONE in danger here

And I say this as someone who is against the use of bottle propping due to it's known risks

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (29-05-2014),Atlantic Puffin  (21-05-2014),beebs  (28-05-2014),gizmoduckus  (29-05-2014),NancyBlackett  (21-05-2014),snowqu33n  (21-05-2014),White Mage  (21-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can see how some would be upset. Personally, I would never consider feeding in this manner and if I happened to find my daughter feeding my son in that matter she'd know how I felt that's for sure. However, the pic itself doesn't stir any strong feelings for me one way or another.

These children "appear" to be well cared for, one has her head buried in an iPad and the other is being fed. I say appear to be because as we all know, you should never judge a book by its cover. If that's the case we should be thankful that it's 2 less children on the street starving or not being cared for. I feel that's a more worrisome issue than the activity in the picture.