+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey&&me View Post
    I saw this on Facebook and just hope it was a joke set up for the photo because it appealed to their sense of humour.. If to legit it's horrifying & someone needs to cuddle that baby!
    Haven't bothered reading other comments but this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wikidwitch View Post
    Do you mind me asking why?

I mean, I know everyone has different tastes. I find most memes pretty stupid and I raise my eyebrows at the endless cat macros that cross my tumblr dash. But I also laugh hysterically at pictures of llamas. (I love llamas!) I think that some previous posters have perhaps overreacted by calling it outrageous and dangerous and offensive.

But I really am curious as to why you think it's sad.
    I just don't find it funny at all.

I actually cherished the time I was feeding my child. I would not expect my 6yo to feed my baby and I just think it's sad to even make a joke of it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (29-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I just don't find it funny at all.

I actually cherished the time I was feeding my child. I would not expect my 6yo to feed my baby and I just think it's sad to even make a joke of it.
    Fair enough. I didn't even consider anything like that while looking at the photo.

Honestly, I don't fully understand your sadness any more than I understand people being so outraged and offended by the photo, but we've all had different experiences and they've obviously influenced the way we view things. For example, when DS was little pretty much everyone in the immediate family fed him so that aspect never even occurred to me.

I'm actually starting to find this whole thing fascinating. It's amazing how people can look at the same picture and see something totally different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wikidwitch View Post
    Fair enough. I didn't even consider anything like that while looking at the photo.

Honestly, I don't fully understand your sadness any more than I understand people being so outraged and offended by the photo, but we've all had different experiences and they've obviously influenced the way we view things. For example, when DS was little pretty much everyone in the immediate family fed him so that aspect never even occurred to me.

I'm actually starting to find this whole thing fascinating. It's amazing how people can look at the same picture and see something totally different.
    I found bf my first difficult. I have huge breasts. So feeding her was when I felt close to her. I could hold her closer than when trying to bf because of size. I guess I see feeding as an intimate part of being a mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I found bf my first difficult. I have huge breasts. So feeding her was when I felt close to her. I could hold her closer than when trying to bf because of size. I guess I see feeding as an intimate part of being a mum.
    Now that I can definitely understand. I was never able to breastfeed DS at all and I have a whole heap of guilt over it.

And: huge hootered hubbers unite!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Perspective time.

and this is a low grade photo of a child living in famine. I reckon this little darling wouldn't mind how you held the bottle in his/her mouth.
    This is exactly where I was coming from it's all about perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jensha For This Useful Post:

beebs  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Don't forget that baby in the photo is a twin, the one on one bonding cherish feeding time flies out the window when you have more than one, no matter how much you want it.

Not everyone cherishes the one on one feeding time. I had massive problems breastfeeding - so my first experience feeding my child was a nightmare, literally awful. I just wanted it to stop. When the twins came along there is no looking lovingly into one babies eyes while feeding, because you are either doing two at a time, which is a total pain, or one is screaming while you are doing the other. And what about triplets - almost impossible to feed three at the same time.

I think it is lovely that some people love looking into their babies eyes when feeding, but that is not always possible. They could do that 99.99999% of the time and just this one time they didn't.

Those kids look well loved and well fed, I really think that some people are getting overly anxious about their well being. I also think this is another example of how social media is changing society for the worse.

This family doesn't deserve the vitriol and judgement that they are receiving. To be honest I feel sad for them, and think says more about the negative posters than the family itself.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (31-05-2014),Jensha  (31-05-2014),Purple Lily  (31-05-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (31-05-2014),smallpotatoes  (31-05-2014),snowqu33n  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    [QUOTE=BigRedV;7795373] I guess I see feeding as an intimate part of being a mum.[/QUOTE

And for me, I think it doesn't matter how they are fed but how they are loved. As you most likely know, I struggled to breastfeed and was unable to do it in the endnand was racked with guilt over it for years. But now, I realise all that guilt was a complete waste of time. My kids are loved, and that is all that really matters.