Closed Thread
Page 30 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    AWC that's why I started too! Waiting for my family haha. I don't intend to use my degree until after I'm ready to go back to the workplace after kids.
    Yeah im not sure what i'll do but after having kids feels like an eon away. Sooo not done yet.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

MrsTugs  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just hope someone wants to employ me. Middle-aged teacher mums who have been out of the workforce whilst raising children aren't heavily sort after! Too many! That and the ed dept are making it less possible or easy for such women to go back into their chosen career - lots of hoops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sucks @Little Ted. It shouldnt be hard for anyone to get a job when they've had kids...but i know how you feel. I Dont think id be able to easily walk back into childcare now. Ive been out 4 years and SO much has changed with the EYLF etc... i wouldnt be able to keep up!

Soooo... Anyway....We had a scan yesterday! Bubs was happy with a heartrate of 160bpm. Measuring a few days behind, but so did DS at this stage.

My doppler arrived today, and i gave it a try...i *think* i found it for a brief second - mum thought so too - but then it went away. Bub is still tiny at this stage anyway. (only measured 7w5d yesterday)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Shadow!

Glad to hear bub and body are behaving as they should. It is reassuring to hear that heart beat. Can't wait for them to arrive...I must be patient!

How is Shrillian getting on? I caught her post the other day but haven't heard since.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Hi Shadow!

Glad to hear bub and body are behaving as they should. It is reassuring to hear that heart beat. Can't wait for them to arrive...I must be patient!

How is Shrillian getting on? I caught her post the other day but haven't heard since.
    Hey LT

Shrillian had her EPU this morning, from all accounts went well and she'll be taking it easy this weekend....I'll let her know on the FB (join us join us!!) page you were asking about her

Hope you're well!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to littleduck For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Little Ted!!!

Yes, I had my EPU today - got 17 eggs!! Was feeling quite crampy immediately afterwards, but better by the time I got home.

Unfortunately I won't be transferring this cycle, as I had to use a different trigger due to the risk of OHSS. By using that one, transfer isn't possible. Boo. Sad, but glad they're taking care of me. Also gives me body time to heal as well, I guess. Just wish everyone knew! One of the nurses talked to me about transferring, then mu FS comes in and says no, not transferring, then nurse comes in after and talks about transferring! Ha ha ha!

Had a call from the scientist this afternoon, but no important information. Just a general overview. Though even she thought I was still transferring! She was going to confirm it with my FS. I tell no lie, I promise!! 😂

Just playing the waiting game now. I'll keep you updated with the outcome over the next few days!

Hope all is going well for you and little H? x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! - that's a great number. Hope you get a nice little brood on ice ready and eager to embark on extending their gestational period.

Glad things are progressing well even though you have to wait another month in order to stay well - it will all be worth it.

H is going well. He's now smiling and cooing. He thinks fluffies are particularly funny (...or maybe he's just happy to have the wind out). He was on the floor tonight just after DH changed him and he was arching over onto his side...at 7 weeks. I don't think we will be able to trust him to stay still for too long - strong little thing. I think he is also getting used to his older siblings - isn't looking quite so worried when they come near now and just tends to put his arms up in defense instead.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (06-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    LT I can't believe your bubba is 7 weeks now!! How is your study going? I wish you were on fb so you could be updated 24/7. I'm 37 weeks now and waiting impatiently for my bubba to arrive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Little Ted - aww... He sounds adorable! And like he's growing so quickly! Slow down little man!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (06-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    LT I can't believe your bubba is 7 weeks now!! How is your study going? I wish you were on fb so you could be updated 24/7. I'm 37 weeks now and waiting impatiently for my bubba to arrive.
    Three weeks to go, three weeks to go!!!

I'm intrigued as to the name...will be awaiting the arrival which will probably happen very quickly - it just seems like forever at the moment!

Studies going okay. Handed first assignment in the other day but I'm pretty darn sure it isn't my best work - way too tired. Just hoping that I pass the semester. I've done the work and understand it, but trying to communicate that back is a little fuzzy. Tonight's readings have been a little dry, but the YouTube clip had a nice corny element to it!

Looked at a house today that we can afford as it is and it seems solid and is in the right area BUT! the bathrooms need redoing, the kitchen was wooden and they've just given it a quick paint job with white paint and put on silver knobs (it's 20 year old and needs replacing - cupboards don't close properly etc), the only floorings we like are in the loungeroom and it was the one room that we would prefer carpet in! They've just put in cheap carpet and fake boards through the rest of the house. Bedrooms are small and have particularly small robes in two of the rooms. The layout is terrible and doesn't flow from front to back and the 'deck' is only partially done and would be required to be finished prior to moving in costing probably another $30k to do it well. And it has narrow stairs. They've put in 'trendy' light fittings that are too low for a normal height ceiling and my husband is 6'4''.

It's crazy that it's tempting just because it's in the right area and a price we can afford!