+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Ent problems

What age did your kids adenoids & tonsils come out? Dd is 13 months and they are looking at takinh them out.

Should I let them? Shes been sick for 12 weeks. 4 lots antibiotics. She snores too. Im just bit anxious

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 4th daughter (turned 2 in feb) had hers out at 12months. She was basically born with a permanent throat infection! Since she's had them out we've had barely any more issues. She gets the odd virus instead of being on repeated lots of antibiotics.
    I was really worried when she was getting them done thinking she was way too young but the recovery was so much easier then DD2 who had hers out after she turned 2.
    I'm not sure if it's the same but my daughter had to be done at women & children's because she was to young to go to any other private hospital in SA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We are going to memorial in north adelaide to wabitz I think his name is.

Her tonsils touch each other & she snores. The poor thing. Im just scared I think lol. What was the recovery like?

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I've only just seen this.
    Recovery was a lot easier then I expected. She was up eating not long after the surgery and home the next morning. We kept the painkillers up for the first 5 days so she never got any discomfort during the day. The one problem we came across was she would sleep all night still and wake up with a dry throat so we had to wake her in the middle of the night for a bottle and painkillers.

I think being so young makes the recovery a lot easier. My nephew had his out at memorial and said they were great there. Best of luck with the surgery. You'll will see improvement straight away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Surgery has been done and omg poor dd.

She's on endone and really struggling. Had terrible nurse which didn't help situation only giving panadol she was sweating in pain!!! Until I rang surgeon and he was furious with this. So now she's probably associated eating with pain FFS.

Barely eating or drinking. I'm so tired from her waking etc. Whenever one bub is down the other is up) and I'm moving house thurs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no your poor little girl
    We had a little trouble when DD2 had hers out (3 of my 4 daughters had them removed), she woke during the surgery which was a bit traumatic for a 2 year old. We found the diflam spray 5 minutes before any food or drink really helped it was just hard to get the spray in her mouth.
    Really hope she starts improving. You will notice the difference once she's recovered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please consider getting them out soon as compared to our nephew who was four and his throat was so badly affected the parents wished they hadn't put the child through so much of their should they shouldn't they attitude his recovery was ok but now he started school this year his hearing is really not coming back he has lost 50% and the school teachers are concerned that he cannot hear instructions. Please don't delay.