+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If he's too sick for daycare, he's too sick for the playground IMO. My child has asthma so I'm a bit bias though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Being in the outdoors exposed to sunlight the germs will die quickly. If it's teeming with kids I wouldn't.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Maxwell's Silver Hammer  (20-05-2014),ozeymumof5  (20-05-2014)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I wouldn't take him, but only because I'd be worried about wearing him out and him taking longer to get well. When mine are at the tail end of illness I take them for a long walk in the stroller. Lets them get fresh air without wearing them out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If he is too sick for daycare he is too sick to be running around anywhere in my opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When DD's sick, I avoid taking her to playgrounds/libraries etc. where possible.
    If she really wanted to go out, or I really did, then I'd take her anyway. I'd attempt to keep her away from other kids though.

The way I see it, I minimise the spread of viruses where possible, but I'm not going to keep myself and my child at home all day everyday because of it. If I were so cautious as to avoid all likely contagious times, we'd have been at home every day for the past 6 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    My son is often too sick for school (hacking cough, very snotty nose) yet it is absolutely impossible to keep him quiet at home, he'd be running around in the backyard, hypo etc. Being sick does not at all slow him down, so despite the fact that rest is probably best, not all kids make this possible.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I wouldn't take him, but only because I'd be worried about wearing him out and him taking longer to get well. When mine are at the tail end of illness I take them for a long walk in the stroller. Lets them get fresh air without wearing them out.
    this is what I do (if I can be bothered). sick kids are a good excuse for tele and hot chocolates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I keep my kids home tucked up and let them rest while they are sick. They never feel like going out anyways.
    I wouldn't take a sick kid to a park....what if there was a tiny new born? Nah. I couldn't do it even if ither ppl do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't take him. Hubby probably would. Lol

Busy-Bee is online now Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Yep, this.
    I have taken the kids for a walk to the end of the street and back too, just to get out of the house and let them get some fresh air.

I am another one who gets cranky at people who aren't considerate of others when it comes to potentially spreading their germs. If I get a cold there is a good chance of getting a secondary infection which means a sinus infection, bronchitis or similar. Each morning will be started by a deep, loud and revolting coughing session where I get the pleasure of hacking up lots of yellow/green goo. I will then take a good 2 to 3 weeks to recover from this and may need ABs. It will also trigger a post nasal drip that can last for months. Having a post nasal drip will send me into crazy coughing fits and I will struggle to fall asleep every night because I will be too busy coughing.

If DS or DD gets sick then it means time off work for one of us and all the issues and drama that goes with it (eg, all the extra hours needed to put in when child is recovered to make up the lost productivity).
    Last edited by Busy-Bee; 20-05-2014 at 13:27.