+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Thanks ladies - I'll be starting to pack in a couple of weeks time so will be coming back here for reference then
    It's never too early to pack. My for dd2 bag consisted of whatever I could grab in a couple minutes. So a couple pairs of knickers which I wasn't entirely sure were clean, a couple nighties again probably not the cleanest, my purse and a pair of old thongs all shoved into a plastic shopping bag. I kept saying I was going to do a bag at about 35-37 weeks. Didn't happen cos she had other plans at 34 weeks! My point is though, you really only need the bare basics in reality but there are some things that are absolute gods sends. With dd1 I very nearly would have nominated her for a hero award when she gave me Ural! Child birth is a sure fire way to stop a wee in its tracks! Lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with all of the above especially lots of comfy undies and maternity pads, good quality breast pads (I found pigeon brand to be quite good) and lansinoh nipple cream.

One thing I was told to bring that was an absolute must have was a hair dryer - and not for the hair on my head. Incredibly handy, especially after a natural birth and stitches down there. The last thing I wanted to do was use a towel to dry after washing.

All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Some nice body wash & moisturizer, it makes that first shower feel like the best shower of your life!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pmakes3 View Post
    Those flushable wipes
    YES! These were fantastic after I had DD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Smyles View Post
    Some nice body wash & moisturizer, it makes that first shower feel like the best shower of your life!
    Yes! I agree. I took a travel sized pack and it was divine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone! Have just finished packing mine and bub's bags this afternoon - I feel so prepared now having included all your suggestions

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tattereds For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not necessarily for hospital, but a nice snuggly zip up jacket for keeping warm whilst breastfeeding was good and I still use it at home 9 months later. Just a zip up polar fleece is fine

If you can, it's nice to have some new/nice comfy "home clothes" so you don't feel toooo frumpy in the early days when everything is a bit of a blur. Simple things like fluffy bed socks and some nice slippers are good for the soul

Also keep some normal sanitary pads at home. After a while you won't need the mammoth maternity pads and it's handy to have some there ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks ladies, I'm going to pack mine this week. How many packets of maternity pads would you recommend taking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    thanks ladies, I'm going to pack mine this week. How many packets of maternity pads would you recommend taking?
    At least 2, then someone can grab you more if need be.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but pack a few bottles of powerade (with a pop top lid). They're great for labour.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (26-05-2014)