+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What to pack in the hospital bag

I'm now 33 weeks and thinking I really need to have some stuff packed for the big day I've seen all the lists online and in my pregnancy record with suggestions of what to pack or me and for bub, but was wondering if there are any recommendations from mums who've done this dance before for things you will/won't pack in there this time around?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely lots of pairs of comfy BLACK knickers.

Slippers and socks and cardigans are a must - hospital air con can get really cold

Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second lots of black knickers.
    Dry shampoo was a life saver for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Are you going public or private? How long are you expecting to stay in hospital?

I went private with DD (same again this time) and had a normal delivery and needed:
    Maternity pads - pack plenty!
    Black underwear - I bought those granny undies in case I had to have an emergency c/s but didn't use them, just used normal black ones
    Comfortable pants, the type you'd sit around the house in - take a few pairs, you might bleed a fair bit and get leaks
    2 pairs of PJs
    Basic toiletries
    Breastfeeding singlets or other BF-friendly tops
    Breast pads
    Going home outfit for bub (hospital provides clothes and nappies etc while in hospital)

I got friends/family to bring some snacks in when they visited as I was starving for those first few days.

My advice is to keep it comfy and simple.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Those flushable wipes

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I was in hosp for a week when I had dd. I used constantly:

Lip balm
    Breast feeding singlets
    Pj pants
    Cheap undies from k-mart- didn't care if I just tossed them instead of trying to "save" them
    My ward was really hot because it was a small hospital and there were oldies in there too, they refused to turn the heat down, so shorts
    Water
    Snacks
    Magazines/ good book
    Lollies
    It is also super helpful if you can get your mum or partner to take your dirty washing each day and bring it back to you clean the next day.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Agree with the black undies and lots
    New comfy pjs & slippers (always feels so nice after birth putting something new on)
    Lip balm
    Jelly beans (glucose ones only good beans )
    Pen & paper
    Phone charger
    Socks ( I always get really cold feet in hospital)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely snacks. Hospital food is awful!!! I also found the hospital rather cold so definitely recommend a jacket or gown, whichever is comfier. Other than that, all things comfy!!!! Oh and a book or tablet (something along those lines). My bubs spent most of their first few days doing nothing but mostly sleep and free to air tv is so dull. And don't forget your phone charger :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonica View Post
    Definitely snacks. Hospital food is awful!!! I also found the hospital rather cold so definitely recommend a jacket or gown, whichever is comfier. Other than that, all things comfy!!!! Oh and a book or tablet (something along those lines). My bubs spent most of their first few days doing nothing but mostly sleep and free to air tv is so dull. And don't forget your phone charger :P
    Take a snack bag for your support person too! Then they shouldn't have to leave you to go get food!

Dh needed food and took it upon himself to go and have Fish and chips and a beer on the water while I was on labour! 1 hour later he wandered back in...will be taking him a snack box next time!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wally90 For This Useful Post:

Demonica  (20-05-2014),nattherat  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! Hope you don't mind me popping in!

We've got an article on the site that members helped us compile. It might be useful for you ...

http://www.bubhub.com.au/hubbub-blog...l-a-checklist/

Hope it helps! All the best!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-editor For This Useful Post:

Demonica  (20-05-2014)