+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OS&N, it's sad to think people contemplate leaving their jobs because childcare is so expensive. This thread is very relevant to a project i'm working on. I hope you don't mind me sharing this here - but it would be great to get some responses from these lovely Mums who are currently paying for childcare.

My partner and I are working on a project ("yesbubs") to address the cost and availability of childcare.

"Parents across Australia are facing this dilemma, and since successive governments have failed to address the undersupply and ever-spiraling cost of child care, it has become one of today’s hottest political issues. Even now that Tony Abbott has abandoned his paid parental leave scheme, there is no guarantee any of the freed-up funds will go towards making childcare more plentiful or affordable" (Struthers, 2005).

We are developing a matchmaking service for child minding, with the aim of reducing the cost and availability of traditional child care services. Think "Uber for Childcare". The service will attempt to put parents in contact with one another based on a number of suitability factors such as location, extended networks connections, and scheduling requirements. Initially the service will cater for regular recurring partnerships between families. Subsequently we'll incorporate a service for qualified child care workers to cater ad-hoc scheduling.

As UniSA alumni, we are applying for $50,000 seed funding through the Venture Catalyst competition. We are busy working on our application and pitch, should we get selected.

We are currently conducting research to support our application and to confirm if this is a good idea to pursue.

If you have children under 5 or are expecting - we'd really appreciate your time completing this short survey to support our application and test our concept. If it's a good idea, we will develop it for you!

Link to the short survey: http://goo.gl/forms/GXSDy3gwck

- Andie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The centre I work at is $74 a day for kindergarten before rebates and goes up by each lower age group. I think nursery is around $85 a day. This includes all meals and wipes (you supply own nappies)- brisbane northside

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Childcare cost

$75 per day but with all rebates etc as both studying for both kids it ends up $26! They go three days a week and I provide food

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    $101.50 per day before rebates. And I'm on a waitlist

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    When I separated with my ex I was left with the child care bill. Out of all the parents I know who separate the child care bill is left with the person who the children are with most of the time and who needs the care to work.

That said I guess CCB would adjust accordingly.
    I experienced the same when I was a single parent @Cheerilee. I paid 100% of the fees, due to my income that was only about $150 per week, but when child support was coming in at $40 per week at the time it is nothing! This is part of the reason I believe child support should be more tailored to each child based off the child's expenses, not the general formula they use but that is a totally different thread!

To answer the OP, we pay $41.00 OOP per day. We only receive the rebate so the centre usually costs $82.00 per day, however the daily cost decreases the more days you have them in. We supply all food, nappies etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We pay $135/day before CCR for a centre in inner-suburban Perth. That includes food, but we have to supply our own nappies/wipes/tissues.

I work 3 days a week and after CCR of $7500 we're OOP by $13,500/annum. (We don't get CCB). Working more days would be stupid, because we'd pay the entire $135/day for the extra days.

We have no. 2 on the way, and will then be $27,000/annum OOP for only 3 days a week care. It's a HUGE chunk of my after-tax income.

I've looked at the Productivity Commission's recommended changes to childcare assistance which the govt is considering, and our family would be far, far worse off under their scheme, to the point where it may make no sense at all for me to work (despite earning quite a good income).

Great work, productivity commission - drive another person who wants to work back into unemployment. That'll help the economy!
    Last edited by Gentoo; 25-03-2015 at 09:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our child care is $73 a day just have to supply nappies. After ccb and ccr I pay about $28 a day for 5 days a week so I pay $160 I round it up so by the end of year I am in credit and it isn't as hard over xmas to take time off as I still have to pay half rates while on holidays. One advantage of my childcare Centre is they are only shut on public holidays

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Were going up $8 a day as of January 1 thanks to reforms. Older age groups are also loosing so places

Thanks
    Reviews
    LDC for DS2 is $95 a day and I supply nappies. They supply meals, I don't get CCB but get CCR which I claim at tax time so pay full fees through out the year.

OHSC is $50 a day for DS1 and same with the CCB/CCR

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    $100 a day including nappies, morning and afternoon tea but not lunch. $50 a day after rebate.