+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The one we're on the waitlist for is a daycare/kinder. It's $105 per day and that includes all food and nappies except formula. Thats before the rebates and everything. All food is made in their kitchen, there's 4 seperate rooms/play areas based on age and there's a 3:1 ratio which seemed good. They do interest based learning and have detailed record books for each child along with an overall weekly news letter.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    We pay $85 a day for DS1, and provide lunch and nappies. He's in three days a week so we get half back with CCR. I think it's reasonable.

Sent from my XT925 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    how do you afford that?! I don't mean just you, VP, more like wow, holy doly!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    With 1 it was tight but do-able ($1,000 per fortnight). When my mat leave is up we simply can't afford to both work full time. We have worked out that for the CCR to last the year we can only have the kids in daycare 3 days per week. So we're currently looking into our options: perhaps hubby and I will both work 4 days per week. I think hubby would like to go 3 days and I work full time the problem is either of us cut back to 3 days we will likely be given bull$hit jobs at work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    $14/hr. Includes nothing. I have to supply food, nappies, wipes, bedding, face washer to wash his face after lunch, even a bit of milk for cereal.
    So $126/day before any rebates.
    I have 2 kids needing care and make less then $28/hr. Even with all rebates I will take home about $60/day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    With 1 it was tight but do-able ($1,000 per fortnight). When my mat leave is up we simply can't afford to both work full time. We have worked out that for the CCR to last the year we can only have the kids in daycare 3 days per week. So we're currently looking into our options: perhaps hubby and I will both work 4 days per week. I think hubby would like to go 3 days and I work full time the problem is either of us cut back to 3 days we will likely be given bull$hit jobs at work.
    I'm currently on mat leave as well but when I return DH and I will both work four days. He does long days so he's still FT. I love it- it works well for us.

My favourite day of the working week is DH's day at home, no Childcare pick up or drop off, no stress!

Hope you can find something that works for you guys.

Sent from my XT925 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (21-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have 3 kids in 3 days.

Per day =
    Child 1 $79 - CCB of 33.66 - CCR of 19.27 = $26.07
    Child 2 $79 - CCB of 33.66 - CCR of 19.27 = $26.07
    Child 3 $82.60 - CCB of 33.66 - CCR of 20.80 = $28.14

= total of $80.28 per day or $240.84 per week

This includes all nappies and food

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    Do you mind if I ask whether that $75 figure for BASC is per day or per week?
    That is for the week.

I pay $10 before school and $15 after school. The rebate goes to centre so I am out of pocket $37.50 week.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 21-05-2014 at 20:52.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

OurLittleBlessing  (22-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sydney1980 View Post
    I used to pay $148/day all included for childcare in Sydney CBD but now we've moved him closer to home and we pay $92/day

Unfortunately, these prices are pretty standard and we are very lucky to have found a non for profit centre that keeps costs down.
    My kids go to a non profit centre and it's $82 a day. Next year I will move them closer to home (and much closer to city) and it will only be $70 day. The only difference is I have to supply fruit for morning tea and the $70 centre only take kids from 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    When I separated with my ex I was left with the child care bill. Out of all the parents I know who separate the child care bill is left with the person who the children are with most of the time and who needs the care to work.

That said I guess CCB would adjust accordingly.
    OT-This is true and happened to me however I was able to make an application to CSA and ex now meets me (almost) halfway with child care costs as he would not willingly make a contribution.

I pay $15 000pa on child care for one child. DS will be going into school next year which is lucky as bub number 2 will utilise care next year and paying twice that would kill us financially. We will be entering the world of after school care in addition to regular fees though and this worries me as places at OOSH are incredibly limited and the school advised that we may need to look at an alternative such as a nanny. It sucks.