+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    $80 per day incl food and nappies. No CCB but we do get the CCR paid straight to the centre so currently pay $40/day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    $101 per day includes meal and nappies over $17,000 out of pocket per year! I don't understand why it isn't tax deductible, it's my biggest work related expense.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GlasgowRose For This Useful Post:

mummabear13  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    $74 a day before rebate in wellington point brisbane. They supply everything except nappies when she was a baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just put my kids in full time. 3yr old & 11m in 5 days a week where I supply nappies and food. After ccb and ccr I pay $330 a week. It hits hard because it's exactly half my wages

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    About $105 per day before CCR. This includes all meals/nappies. Formula/breastmilk has to be supplied by parents. Working full time CCR ran out 2/3 of the way through the year. So if I work full time when I go back to work (currently on mat leave) for 1/3 of the year, for 2 kids I will be laying over $2,000 per fortnight!!!
    VicPark i Feel stupid for asking but can you explain why your ccr ran out? I also work full time but I've never been told about this :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummabear13 View Post
    VicPark i Feel stupid for asking but can you explain why your ccr ran out? I also work full time but I've never been told about this :-(

It's because ccr is capped at $7500 per child per year. So if you're using childcare full time you'll reach the cap before the year is out. Thankfully my MiL takes DS two days a week so the ccr lasts us all year even though I work full time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    $84.50 per day (no rebates applied) this includes nappies, bedding and morning and afternoon tea. I have to supply lunch. This is on the Gold Coast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I pay $26k for 4 days. After rebate that's $18.5k. That's $89 per day after rebate and of course it's out of post tax salary so in real terms it's about $115 per day out of my gross salary.

It's effed up.

We are contemplating a second child which will cost us $37k. That's outrageous. That's about a $50k salary right there.

Good job I love my job and earn good money or I would be a SAHM and likely claiming some benefits. I'm sure that's not what the Govt wants but with inadequate refunds and it not being tax deductible, it's the only options for many.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ours is $85 a day. With rebate it's $35 a day. Our eldest gets 3 days a week, our youngest just one.
    Next year we are moving Ds1 to a different Kinder, which we pay the amount for two weeks at his current one, per term, which is a big saving for us. Gives our youngest the chance to go in for a couple more days a weeks as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We pay $95 per day (3 days p/w) with everything included and 50% back from centrelink after we pay. I wish we set it up so we only pay half and centrelink pay the other half to the center, as its a big chunk out of pocket and we pay fortnightly where centrelink refund us weekly....

But we're happy we get help still. Wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise, i wouldn't be able to work.