+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    OP: hubby did daycare drop off and pick up for me today and boy has it been a blissful day! Just bub and I from 8am! So much easier t get things done And no offence hubby but whenever you are home it is so hard to keep the place clean..

Perhaps your hubby could take your toddler for the whole day? Perhaps even stay overnight at a relatives?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yikes, I'm getting scared! 9 weeks to go until bub #2 arrives and I'm nervous!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (19-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It gets easier (although 2-3 was the roughest for me!).
    My hubby had two weeks off work, but had to do some day trips for meetings and work from home in those two weeks so that sucked a bit.
    Here are my tips -
    Have a shower every single day...morning or night, whenever hubby is home (or I'd put the baby in a bouncer in the bathroom and a dvd on for my oldest) and shower! You feel better!
    After the kids are down for the night (or at least the toddler) pack lunches for the next day, even if you're going to be home...that way if the baby is particularly unsettled and you're on your own you've got a supply of pre-prepared food.
    Cook some meals and freeze before hubby goes back to work if possible for those nights when it all just turns to poo.
    If you have a slow cooker and happy kids in the morning chuck dinner in the slow cooker so that it's done for witching hour.
    Bath the toddler when you can...so if that means it's bath time at 3pm because the baby is happy so be it. It won't be forever.
    Same with baby...bath whenever, it doesn't even have to be every day, just get a warm washer and do a top and tail on the days it doesn't work.
    Do a load of washing and hang it out of a night...saves having something extra to do in the morning.
    I used to anticipate when my baby would need a bf and try and get my oldest engaged in a sit down activity...like reading books, or playing with play doh or colouring in etc. Anything that enabled me to play with her and bf bub at the same time.
    Lastly, if they both napped together so did I. Screw the housework. I needed sleep in order to survive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow ladies I cant thank u enough for all these helpful tips you are all amazing. Im slowly starting to feel better and more normal - especially today but yes I have found this first week so so hard because u are trying to recover as well as adjust to such a big change.

Bf is going better and im managing to feed her straight off the left side again after expressing for a few days... and vic park the birth was long and so hard but I got my vbac! Bubs was rushed off to neo natal after birth with breathing issues but all good now.

Again thank u so much ill def b implementing these ideas once I get on my feet a little more

Please keep them coming xxx

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh dear DD2 is here in 5w (Due to CS) and now I'm crapping 😔

Is it really that hard? Oh dear lord

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just know you are not alone in feeling "this is hard". The jump from 1 to 2 is hard! I felt like I had it all together as a mum so it wouldn't be too bad having another but boy was I wrong.
    Lots of useful advise here so I will just add try to do the 1 thing that bothers you the most housework-wise and learn to let the rest go. In the grand scheme of things these early years will fly by and you can have a clean organised house then!
    Give older bub as much of your attention as u can in these early days then you will gradually be able to ease up on that.
    If u can, get older bub looked after (family/child care/etc) for at least a few hours a week so you can rest and/or get things done.
    Go easy on yourself!

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd is just over 1 and ds is 11.5wks.

Dd goes childcare one day a week and we goto playgroup another.

I dont care abojg the house work. If the washing gets done so be it. I use the dryer too!!! As long as I have clean undies, jumpsuits & sheets.

Ive eaten ALOT of takeout but I dont care. On days I have energy I cook food up, spag, Sheppard pie etc.

Dd is very demanding as she wants me not tv, not toys. Let your son make mess. Sit outside let him go to town.

Teach him gentle etc. Dd is so good now. She comes upto H and gives kisses. I try and vacuum etc on last nap before dinner. Mop once a week. Used to be more but god this is pushing it. Ive put kids in same room so I have a toy room too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Buy a slab of water from big w. Filling your bottle up etc while bf is a pita first few weeks.

Also alocate a shelf in fridge for your son tk access? Im not sure what 'food' rules you have. But for snacks etc so you can let him just grab food incase your busy cheese, tub yogurt etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I too found it incredibly hard to adjust when number two came along. Ds was almost 3 and is a very high needs little boy. I also had a lot of problems with getting bf established and also exclusively pumped off lefty for a few days after a bout of mastitis when dd was a week old.
    There are a lot of great ideas in this thread, also just take it one day at a time and except any help that people offer. With ds I would still make sure we did something together each day just the two of us even if it was reading his bed time story. Slowly you will find your feet and you will begin to forget what it was like with just the one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Well done on your vbac OP!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (20-05-2014)