+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for all your suggestions ladies. To answer some of the questions:

Yes she does eat 3 full meals a day plus snacks. I try to make sure she is nice and full before bed.

I have tried giving her a dummy but she hates them. Have tried all sorts of brands and types. She isn't a fan. So different to my dd1 who was dummy obsessed. I have tried offering the dummy instead of the boob even to the point where I have placed it infront of my boob and she latches onto it instead, but she worked that out really fast and pulled off and screamed.

I tried letting her whinge a bit before going in. This just made the process longer because she wouldn't go back to sleep unaided and woke up completely.

I tried patting her first or cuddling before offering boob - she squirmed until she reached my chest!

I tried only letting her suckle for a few seconds and then removing the boob. She just kept her eyes closed and mouth open searching until she could re-latch.

Thank you for all the suggestions. I think I will go ahead with the sleep clinic. I need the support from the nurses and I just don't want to do it at home because my dd1 and dh have Kindy and work the next day and it's unfair on them. She gets so loud when she doesn't win.

If anyone else has ideas please share but I'm feeling like I have tried just about everything. Even more tired today because I tried hard last night but didn't get anywhere because she was more awake and ready to fight me!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (20-05-2014),Twocam  (16-06-2014)

BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nicole how are things now? Do you feed to sleep for daytime naps as well? I have an almost-5 month old that is like this during the day and I'm yet to find a way to get him to nap without feeding to sleep, although I can occasionally get him to sleep in the pram when we go walking. I have to go back to work soon and it's starting to be an issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twocam View Post
    Nicole how are things now? Do you feed to sleep for daytime naps as well? I have an almost-5 month old that is like this during the day and I'm yet to find a way to get him to nap without feeding to sleep, although I can occasionally get him to sleep in the pram when we go walking. I have to go back to work soon and it's starting to be an issue.
    Sorry wish I had better news to tell you but no, it hasn't gotten any better. We are booked in to the sleep clinic early July. I'm scared and hopeful at the same time. I feel like we just really need to break this habit. I've given up trying to get her back into the cot at night and just co-sleep from about midnight onwards. She still wakes a number of time to get on the breast but she comes off more easily now that she knows I'm not going to put her back in the cot, that I'm nearby and we cosleep. But it doesn't help me much during the day. She refuses her morning nap now and only has one nap during the middle of the day due to pure exhaustion. I know she is tired earlier but won't go back into her cot and co-sleeping during the day isn't an option, I have a 4yo, housework, bills to be paid etc that I need to get done during her naps.

BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

hope the sleep clinic goes well

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

nicole83  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post

hope the sleep clinic goes well
    Thanks hunny. I'll keep you all posted with the outcome of the clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nicole, I'm just wondering how you went with the sleep clinic? I have a 10month old ds that is exactly how your dd was 😔

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I wish I had better news but the sleep clinic really didn't help us that much. Being in a strange hospital environment stressed her out even more. The nurses were lovely but couldn't get my Bub to settle because she was afraid of them. Things were a little better when we got home. But then my husband got sick a few days later, was hospitalised for a week and I struggled with the two kids on my own. We fell back into bad habits of bringing her into the bed. She would fight me so hard in the middle of the night and I couldn't take any more. When he got better, I tried again. She was back in her bed but then a few weeks later she got sick. This is the pattern and we go round and round...she is now 14 mo and I am certain the only way we will break this pattern is when I wean her. Sorry I don't have better news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hey Nicole. Sorry you are still doing it tough.... Unless there are medical issues a 14 month old toddler does not need to be fed overnight. If you want to stop bub waking overnight, stop feeding overnight. It's easier said than done but it really is that simple.

Stay firm with where bub is sleeping: if it's bubs cot, it's bubs cot. If it's your bed then put bub to sleep in your bed .... do not put bub to sleep in the cot and then transfer to your bed (otherwise bub will keep waking in the cot expecting to be put in the bed).

I know I am advocating a bit of tough love but you can always soften the approach by using shush/pat techniques. Just make sure you stop shush/patting before bub falls asleep (stop when bub is drowsy). Always (always!) put bub to bed awake.

Good luck
    Last edited by VicPark; 26-10-2014 at 16:11.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

debsch  (26-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I night weaned my boobie monster, I still got him up and cuddled him back to sleep. It took longer than just feeding him, but he stopped waking for boob good luck!