+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Absolute exhaustion.

DP works as a baker, and recently had to travel for a couple of weeks to a different location, which meant another 2 hours on my own every night. On top of that, DD and I both had gastro about three weeks ago, while DD, DS and I ended up with a cold last week.

This weekend, which DP had off, I completely hit the wall. We took DS to Auskick, managed to do a walk with DD, but after that I have completely exhausted. We did have a really big week last week, but I just can't put my finger of specifically what's wrong with me. I just feel yukky, tired and unproductive. DP even noticed that I wasn't 100% last night and tried to help, but I don't even know what wrong with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's hard being Mum when you feel less than 100%
    Just wanted to say that it took me over a month to fully recover from a gastro attack I had recently. Mainly I just felt off in the tum and tired. If you're worried though it doesn't hurt to visit the gp and maybe get a blood test done?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GingerKat For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (19-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been taking the Elevit Womens Multivitamin for the last couple of weeks , I take it of a night because it makes me feel sick during the day.I've stopped it for the last 2 nights and feel amazingly better. I thought multivitamins were supposed to improve vitality?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Gastro is really draining. Even though you might not feel as bad as you did, I reckon it can take at least a couple of weeks to feel back to normal.

Ugh, Elevit tablets are horrible. I've started taking them on several occasions (the conception/pregnancy ones) and get to around three/four weeks of taking them everyday and start to feel sick. Once I stop again and give myself a few days to get them out of my system I feel much better.

Sometimes if you're getting too much of a particular vitamin or mineral it can knock your whole system out of whack and make you feel unwell.

Maybe try a different brand of multivitamin if you feel like you need one. If you're not pregnant, the options are aplenty. Two different ones that I tried and really liked before pregnancy were Nature's Way Rest and Restore, and Cabot's Livatone (the one with B vitamins) - both made me feel amazing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (21-05-2014)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't like Elevit either. Maybe try a different one. Multis can help, but how is your diet? That's pretty important if you are feeling yuck, and having your Iron levels checked via blood test is a good idea.

Take care, I hope you start feeling better soon

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (21-05-2014)