+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex82 View Post
    Thank you everyone that replied it has really put my mind at ease that I am not the only one !
    pinkposicle , what is high functioning child ? Not sure what you mean , sorry :-/
    Highly intelligent child on the autism spectrum. We're just in beginning stages of seeing the paed and yet to see the occupational therapists. Basically the behaviour in shopping centres is a way of trying to process all the stimuli and for my DS when we have a few people over and lots of kids who go through all hus toys and room etc, he gets overwhelmed and I emotion coach him. We just thought he was a spirited boy and sensitive etc.
    Might still be nothing but at least the ot can help with strategies etc especially for school to help him focus and achieve (he's in the higher ability group :-))

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

alex82  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks pinkpopsicle , will keep it in mind and have a bit of a read up about it ������

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went to see a child health nurse after bad phase of behaviour and a particularly crazy morning with my daughter in the shopping centre that left me crying. She recommended I do a positive parenting course. From what I can tell it isn't about the child but about the parents and learning how to best manage the child in a positive way. It involves both parents going to meetings. I have a baby due soon, so need to get on to it! From my practice nursing background I don't think any developmental/behavioural issues are diagnosed until close to or at school age.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tippytoes For This Useful Post:

alex82  (25-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippytoes View Post
    I went to see a child health nurse after bad phase of behaviour and a particularly crazy morning with my daughter in the shopping centre that left me crying. She recommended I do a positive parenting course. From what I can tell it isn't about the child but about the parents and learning how to best manage the child in a positive way. It involves both parents going to meetings. I have a baby due soon, so need to get on to it! From my practice nursing background I don't think any developmental/behavioural issues are diagnosed until close to or at school age.
    I also did 123 magic parenting course when he was 4 which really helped especially the emotion coaching aspect

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

alex82  (25-05-2014),Tippytoes  (20-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPopsicle View Post
    I also did 123 magic parenting course when he was 4 which really helped especially the emotion coaching aspect

I have just started reading that. But it's on my iPhone and for some reason I am just old fashioned and like a normal book! Think I better buy one. 123 seems to be very popular. Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine were both the same at that age.
    My eldest started being quite nice to take out around 3.5
    My middle girl is about to turn 3 and she can still be a bit tricky to take out, but nothing like she was at 19 months
    Hang in there, it is normal behaviour for the more feisty types

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

alex82  (25-05-2014)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We do the triple p parenting program with a child psychologist for our ds#2 but really it gets implemented for all of our children. And its been amazing!

Highly recommend it.

My 2 boys have autism and its extremely challenging to know what is age appropriate, what is deliberate naughty behaviour and what behaviour stems from their disabilities. So its been really good for us and we are so happy!

If you feel out if your depth as far as parenting goes then there's definitely help out there.

Goodluck!