+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine just turned two and he's in his pram. He will still be bottle fed, sucking on his dummy and being pushed around in his pram at 13 if he has his way !

He's happy. I'm happy . What ever works

2. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    If he listens to you and holds your hand, encourage him to walk...if he bolts and its a safety issue theres nothing wrong with keeping him in the pram.
    My DS was a runner, was always walking off. I have no idea why I didn't use a stroller for much longer than I did. It would have made life so much easier!

I think maybe he would not have sat long in it anyway come to think of it. He was on his legs since he was 5 months and never looked back,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD is 3 in August and is only in the pram when I walk the dogs. I haven't bothered with the pram or stroller for a long time, she just refuses to sit in it. Unfortunately it has meant that we've had to carry her a fair bit but since I've been pregnant I'm more insistent that she walks.

I often wish she would sit in a stroller, it would make things a lot easier and quicker sometimes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately it is a bit of a safety thing, my son runs and he does not listen, whether it's school or shops etc.. he wants to go where he wants to go so everything takes ten times longer and I find myself ten times more stressed!
    I think it would be different if he was outgrowing but he's small so I think he'd be 4 atleast before he was too big.
    I think I'll keep using it lol I get tired enough without making it worse, I think i'll just wait till he seems more ready.
    And yep stroller is definitely very convenient when it comes to carrying bags!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My eldest was in the pram for anything but short walks till her sister came along when she was 3.

DD2 is 3.5 and walks but occasionally asks to go in the pram if her brother isn't in it - more novelty i think now.

DS is only 12mths so he is obviously in the pram & will be till at least 2.5 then maybe only for long outings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with pp and say use the pram when you need to. Also wondering what you think of using a harness? My ds isn't old enough yet but I've got no problems with using one if he wants to walk but I need to contain him somewhat.

Sent from my SM-N9007 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tRained my son to hold on to the side of the stroller and walk so this is our default now. He knows if he lets go and runs off then he has to go back in the stroller. If he gets tired he can get on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If dd2 has fallen asleep in the car on the way to the shops I will put her in her stroller or if we go on a huge day outing like the zoo we bring it for when she gets tired. Dd1 is 3 and dd2 is only just 2 but I don't tend to take a stroller anywhere as both girls are little miss independent and hate being restricted!
    But when we go to Bali in a few months we will defiantly be putting dd2 in a stroller!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish DD still sat in her pram but she rejected it months ago but I have trained her to walk really well holding hands, if we are around a lot of traffic I always pick her up though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    4 was the cut off age for my kids, but my youngest took to a balance bike really well from 2.5 so he took that as much as he could.