+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is your 2 year old still in a pram?

My DS is still in a stroller, he takes his day nap in it and I use it for school drop off, pick-ups and shopping trips. My son is a free spirit and loves to run free if he's not in his stroller. My son is also small for his age, he is only 11kgs and is definitely very baby like in many ways.
    But am I babying him by keeping him in a stroller? My 1st refused to go in a stroller after 18 months, I think my 2nd was 2.5yrs when she said goodbye to hers. My son is 26 months.
    I know alot of people say you baby your youngest for longer but it just seems that he is naturally behind anyways. But should I be teaching him to walk with me when out and about or keep up with the stroller till he is bigger/more ready??

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd2 was 4 and I still used the pram/stroller not all the time but a lot I used to make her get out and walk especially when walking dd1 to school but on the way home she got tired and sooked so it came in handy plus I then used to walk the long way home (was trying to lose weight)
    To be honest if I let her she still would go in the pram she's nearly 6
    I don't see any harm in still using a stroller/pram

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would try and encourage him to walk, perhaps by not taking the stroller on short walks, but if he still needs the stroller there is nothing wrong with that. My eldest is 4 and if we have a really big day will occasionally hitch a lift in the pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    My DS2 turns 4 in 8 weeks and he is still in a pram about 70% of the time, I had to buy a double pram when DS3 was born, even though DS2 was 3.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only had a pram, not a stroller so he has walked everywhere since he was 2. But honestly, there's been times I really could have used a stroller! Big days like the Easter show (he walked all afternoon) and going into the city for work/daycare. Strollers are very handy bag carriers too! DS is 3 3/4 but I'd still use one for big trips if I had one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2.7yr old still loves the pram. If I make him walk, he insists on being carried after 5mins.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If he listens to you and holds your hand, encourage him to walk...if he bolts and its a safety issue theres nothing wrong with keeping him in the pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hell yeah! With a young bub When I am by myself I find it awesome to be able to contain my 2.5 year old tot Within the confines of the double pram. Plus when I walk I walk... No way a toddler could keep up..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When DD gets out of her pram, she runs for it! As we walk to school everyday (about 30 mins each way), I still keep her in there. DP is more willing to let her out when they go shopping, but some days I'm just not willing to fight to get her back in there. Edit: I have recently invested in a handle bike (with harness) to walk to school in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    None of mine are allowed in the pram / stroller once they hit 4, and after 2 it's only when we have a big walk and it actually makes it easier for me. I like my kids to be worn out. DS is 3 and never stays in the stroller / pram (I still use a double as I have a 9 month old as well) even if I want him to. It comes in handy some days for carrying school bags in the afternoon.