+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Did your kids tt pretty easily?
    Mostly. They were used to the toilet from 6mths old. I popped them on before and after every meal, sleep, bath etc. Would whisk them on the loo as soon as they woke to catch that first wee. I switched to knickers FT from 16mths old for both so they knew what wet felt like. Daycare was on board with it (had no choice as I never sent nappies in). Accidents don't bother me. Just clean up and reiterate that poos/wees are for toilets not for pants.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (19-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Personally for me it's harder and busier...The first 18 months was the easiest for us..Now they are 4 and almost 7, I am becoming very busy, different time of school and day care drop offs and pick ups, extracurricular activities, homework, backchatting attitude, etc...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Baby - easy baby, but the tiredness was a killer. I did everything on my own as a SM.

2.5-3.5 - the most challenging part so far. Walking, always running off, plus TT, plus the selective hearing.

Hes 3 3/4 now and SO much better! He listens, doesn't run off, is much more responsive, and getting much better with TT. I have much more freedom now because he is easier to take out and about.

I think it varies between children a lot though.

DS is quiet, sweet and very bright and has never been a cryer/tantrum thrower. But he can be very wilful at times because he's so independent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found 0-12 months very challenging.
    1-2 years not so bad, but running off and tantrums can be hard.

Once my DS got to 4 years it's a lot better. He can come to run errands with me, listens, doesn't run off, basically behaves himself and I can enjoy it. Don't worry he still had his "off" days.

⭐️DS #1 born 15.03.2010⭐️
    ⭐️DS #2 born 16.02.2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Subbing! DD is easier now than as a newborn -12 months, but still challenging in a way that makes me doubt whether Ill ever enjoy my kids, especially with DS due in September and DD in the prime of her terrible 2s.

So similar to horoscopes, Im ignoring all the - no they get harder posts, and taking joy in the - of course they get easier posts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me, it's only gotten harder. I have a 3.5yo and 13mo. Give me a newborn - 6mo over a toddler ANY day. DS1 is like a moody teenager already, so I hate to think what life is going to be like when he is actually a moody teenager! And DS2 is a little toddler tornado, he just wreaks havoc wherever he goes. I don't expect life with kids to get any easier until they leave home

ETA: on a more serious note, what I find harder about parenting as they get older is the realisation that I am actually moulding little people (that I hope to turn out to be decent well adjusted adults), that my actions and words have a lasting affect on them and the way I choose to deal with them now could well have implications well into the future. When they are babies their primary needs are physical, whereas when they get past 1ish it turns to more psychological (if that makes sense?). Since DS1 has been about 1 and we entered the tantrum phase I have constantly worried that I am doing the right things in terms of behaviour/ boundaries etc. I worry a little less with DS2, but am still scared of screwing both of them up.
    Last edited by decemberbubba; 19-05-2014 at 12:51.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (20-05-2014),VicPark  (19-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It really depends on you and your childrens personalities as to what age you will find the hardest

I have had 3 newborns who don't sleep, and yet I still find parenting a newborn easy peasy, even with older toddlers to look after as well. It's just my personality. Sleep deprivation does not get to me, and I am more than happy to have a baby attached to me 24/7 - whereas some mum's find the newborn stage extrememly challenging.

I personally have found around the 3 year age the most difficult. It's the age where you really need to address behaviours with more than just a deflection, and I certainly don't enjoy having to discipline my children at all.

My 4 year old is so so easy some days and then painful the next. He is easier because he can do so much for himself and does not need eyes kept on him every second of every day, but then when he has an attitude it can be quite upsetting.

So for me, around 3. When they're starting to get that attitude going but also still need you to do so much for them and keep a really close eye on them, that has been the hardest age for me.

I'd still have a dozen more of them though if I could, nothing puts me off babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me- it has definately gotten harder, but time and finances cause me the most stress.

Fitting homework and after school activities in around a reasonable bedtime and housework is challenging. As well as obvious finances.

The newborn stage was cruisy, and also the 4yr old stage. Not spoiled by school and super fun to hang out with. Than again, Ds right now- is pretty fun as well. Still young enough to not hate me and have lots of fun together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Mostly. They were used to the toilet from 6mths old. I popped them on before and after every meal, sleep, bath etc. Would whisk them on the loo as soon as they woke to catch that first wee. I switched to knickers FT from 16mths old for both so they knew what wet felt like. Daycare was on board with it (had no choice as I never sent nappies in). Accidents don't bother me. Just clean up and reiterate that poos/wees are for toilets not for pants.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    Sounds like you are a pretty patient parent! (Unlike me!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been very lucky with toilet training. My first we started at 22 months with no prior signs of "readyness" and he was basically trained with just the odd accident within a few days.
    My second toilet trained herself at 18 months and has worn undies day and night every since, no accidents! Crazy child.
    I'm sure my 3rd will be difficult, he has to be right? haha