+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Ahhh no.

One issue resolves and a new one begins.

My eldest is almost 10 and it has its challenges. Dreading the teens!

For me parent from 0-16 months is the easiest.
    Oh my gosh, I'd love to go back in time to the 0-16 month age! Sure, it had it's challenges but man it was simpler.

My two are freshly turned 8 and 5 year olds. Ds1 has an attitude, apparently a fair few people have noticed their child go through this from ages 6-9. So one more year of that, then ds2 turns 6

I do love the kids ages now as they are becoming more independent and are real little people with their own thoughts and opinions. But it's challenging because they are becoming more independent and have plenty of thoughts and opinions ON EVERYTHING!!!

Overall, it's been a great ride these last 8 years though

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    My eldest is 2.5, youngest is 3 months. I have found:
    0-3 months moderately difficult
    3-6 months. Awesome
    6-16 months/walking. Good
    16 months/walking - 2 years. Ok
    2 years-toilet training- 2.5: entertaining but... Faaaaark!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Dreamer1  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i've found my 3.5 girl to be EASIER than my almost 6 year old girl. they are very different however i think there's a bit of easier and harder parts to it. ie: baby - sleep, feed, play, sleep. they will argue just by crying. older kids - words, questions, defiance LOL logic isn't their friend however can discuss and they can go to loo themselves and understand more fun things, routines, rules

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Easier for us, definitely. I have a 6.5 & 5yo, and its just the most beautiful age, they are full of fun & wonder for the world, adore me (great for my ego lol) and we can reason with them and discuss things. I just love it. I didn't enjoy being a mum until the last couple of years, it was pretty tough at the start so yes, definitely easier now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bit of both, depends on the kid.
    My 16 yo was a hard baby, average toddler, little stubborn 4-6 then lovely ever since including teenage yrs 😄
    My 10 yo lovely easy baby. Horror toddler, even bigger horror 4-7, incredibly difficult 7-10
    My 6 yo incredibly hard baby, lovely toddler 😄 they do exist and pretty darn challenging 4-6
    My 3 yo somewhat hard baby, pretty good toddler then bam 3yo porkchop

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oldest (and only) is only 19mo but so so full on and stubborn. I'm more exhausted now than when he was a newborn. It's a gorgeous age and I love watching him develop and discover but I'm constantly being challenged and ready for it to get a bit easier!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Harder!!
    Though yes it depends on the child.
    My DS1, he's just been hard all his life tbh (my Aspie child).
    DD- she was harder when she was younger actually, with super duper mega tantrums.
    DS2- he's much harder now! (6yo). He is at that super emotional age where everything is a drama.

So individually they're not too bad, but it's when they're together now that they're older, that it really is hard work! They fight, they whinge, they fight, they boss each other around, they fight, they have to get chauffered around everywhere which gets exhausting, they fight, they have lots of homework and projects, they fight, they complain (about their siblings, food, homework, school, packing up, going to bed, getting dressed, brushing their teeth... pretty much everything!), oh, and did I mention they freaking fight all the time?
    I should mention that I actually have really well behaved kids, I get a lot of compliments on their behaviour, but at home they're still just normal school aged kids that are hard work.

Oh and my best friend has a 15yo girl.... OMG.... dreading that age!

Bring me a newborn any day! So much easier!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have two kids now 2 and almost 4yo. Will use VPs method of describing.

0-3mths. Ridiculously easy. Just boob needed.
    3-6mths. Still easy as boobs fix everything.
    6-9mths. Not much sleep but easy otherwise... Boob still awesome.
    9-18mths. Easy but boobs don't always work. Might need other methods.
    18-24mths TT. Other than that easy, but even TT isn't too bad.
    24-36mths. Entertaining and pretty good.
    36+ mths. Good but exhausting. The tantrums and attitude!!

I've got two pretty good kids that sleep well now. But I can function for months on minimal sleep so that was never an issue.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (19-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    I have two kids now 2 and almost 4yo. Will use VPs method of describing.

0-3mths. Ridiculously easy. Just boob needed.
    3-6mths. Still easy as boobs fix everything.
    6-9mths. Not much sleep but easy otherwise... Boob still awesome.
    9-18mths. Easy but boobs don't always work. Might need other methods.
    18-24mths TT. Other than that easy, but even TT isn't too bad.
    24-36mths. Entertaining and pretty good.
    36+ mths. Good but exhausting. The tantrums and attitude!!

I've got two pretty good kids that sleep well now. But I can function for months on minimal sleep so that was never an issue.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    Did your kids tt pretty easily?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in the easier camp. The first year was horrendous but since then it's just kept getting easier and more enjoyable.

Ask me again when I have had number 2 for a while