+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have
    0 in the 0 -2 he just turned 2.
    1 in the 2-5
    1 in the 6-9
    2 in the 10 -12
    1 in the 13 to 19
    1 in their 20's

O-2 is the most time consuming.
    15 to 29 is the hardest emotionally -well for me so far.

Every age comes with its own problems and blessings.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Definitely different for each child.

DS1 - always been a full on hard kid, so stubborn and defiant. Now at 6 he is finally getting a bit easier.

DS2 - he was extremely hard from about 3 weeks old until 2yrs old. Then we had a relatively easy year, until DS3 was born. The last year has been just so hard.

DS3 - cried for basically the first 4 months. Since then, he has been the easiest baby I have ever met, calm, chilled, sleeps. He is absolutely nothing like my first 2 kids, they were never easy as babies.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    For me it's harder.

I am not someone who can handle endless talking that requires a response or else I get accused of NEVER EVER listening, in a massive rant that involves OTT melodramatic sounds and slamming doors.

I also can't handle attitude from someone who is asking for my help. A lot of questions she asks are answered... only to be met with, "No." As in, no, I am not telling her the truth. This happens several times each day. Seriously... if you do not trust my ability to provide you an accurate answer don't ask me in hte first place!

And the STUPID arguing. The other day she shoved a drink into my midsection then let go... it dropped and my shoe was then filled with smoothie. In hte middle of Target. When I asked her why... she said she wasn't even holding it. Ever. I was. It was me who dropped it. Despite me witnessing it happening. Big arguement ensued.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    I think different stages present different challenges so it's hard to say that a certain stage is harder. I have found that my oldest, who was a horrible 2 year old, has been pretty easy once she turned 6 in terms of her independence and attitude, but there's certain challenges that arise like sorting out play dates when you don't know the parents very well, school playground challenges to deal with, dealing with after school activities and homework. But I know pre-teen's is just around the corner and everyone knows it's not easy raising a teen! And then my second child, who is 6 now, is far more difficult now than she ever was as a 2 year old.
    My 4 year old has been a nightmare kid to raise since he was born, so it's never been easy with him. I'm hoping things ease up with him when he starts school next year. I fear he is always going to be hard to raise.
    There are parts of having little ones that I don't miss...the sleepless nights, taking forever to get ready in the morning, nap times, nappies etc. But then there's parts of that time period that were certainly easier.
    I agree with this - some kids are harder than others, and unfortunately, I think they tend to stay that way :-( my ds1 can be pretty tough and I have a great friend with a dd (12) whom had many temperament similarities and she still struggles with that child more than her others. Aggh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Ahhh no.

One issue resolves and a new one begins.

My eldest is almost 10 and it has its challenges. Dreading the teens!
    i agree with this. I have a 5 yr old and a 9 week old. My son was probably easiest at 3/4. My daughter is an easy newborn (so far!) but the newborn phase isn't a favourite of mine. I think it depends on the kid, to be honest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For us (i have a nearly 10 year old and a 3 year old)....i say, as they get older the issues get way bigger but not as often. Where with the little ones, they have daily issues that are pretty minor.

When my oldest was little i thought it would get so much easier once he started school...sooooo wrong!!

So yes, imo the older they get the harder it gets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    I have a new born and a toddler. I'm surprised that now the new born faze is much much easier. Perhaps it's because I have experience with a new born.
    Same here

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have DD 18, DS 16, DS 11, DSD 8 and due in a week with DS.

I think it depends so much on each childs personality.

DD 18 has been hard work since birth. She is a walking talking problem. I love her more than anything but I dont particularly like her.

DS 16 is easy peasy Mr Responsible and Sensible but a very sensitive person which brings its own challenges.

DS 11 is my least challenging child. Very happy, sociable child.

DSD 8 her only challenges she presents are not her fault. Its the adults in her life (bio mum & DH)

I do think I find my younger 2 easier simply because ive already been there & done that due to the older DD & DS.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have a 2.5 year old and a 7 year old. DP has a 6yo, 10yo and 13yo. From my experience with these ages, the toddler stage is the most difficult and frustrating. I find they get easier after 5 yrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    6 mths up until 2 years has been easiest for us! 4 year old is the biggest challenge at the moment