+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrina89 View Post
    I stopped the pill in Feb after about 8 years on it and everything has return to normal. Well as normal as i remember it. 28ish day cycle and more cramps then on the pill just seems like AF hangs around longer.... but that just might be my memory! I tested the first month thinking i wouldn't OV but i did so, all those myths about it the pill staying in your system doesn't seem to be true! We are still TTC but with a FIFO partner it can be a bit tricky, OV should be in the next few days as the OPK test i did tonight has a faint line and he is home from work this time!!, my fingers & toes are crossed for this time!
    Yes the cramps have returned with a bang forgot how painful they can be... Although my moods are too my surprise a lot better than being on the pill!! My partner is also FIFO which is so hard and ANNOYING!! But I suppose things will happen when time is right. Hopefully this month I start to see a pattern appearing... Good luck this time round I know how exciting it can be when they come home 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    First time I fell pregnant straight away after normal cycle returning 33 days after last withdrawal bleed.

But when I came off it in December 2011 to ttc number two by June 2012 I hadn't had a period so went onto meds to induce ovulation. Fell pregnant in November 2012 with my daughter whilst on clomid. Was told periods probably would have returned on their own eventually but I was fed up of waiting.

Not going to take it again just on case and still BF anyway so still period free with a 9 month old. Ttc number three will be interesting!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

MissDolly19  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I stopped the pill in Feb this year after almost 2 years on it (after second baby) so hubby and I could start trying again. AF came on day 31 or 32 in March and day 30 in April....she didn’t arrive this month, we’re expecting! We fell pregnant last time straight off the bat of not taking the pill, but I’m glad this time at least my body had some time to “do its thing”.

that it happens soon for you!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lilbump For This Useful Post:

MissDolly19  (29-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies did this happen to anyone similar? My cycles since coming off pill
    1st: 28 days
    2nd: 30 days
    3rd: 39 days
    I was happy being so regular until this month being a 39 cycle..

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, my experience with coming off the pill. finished the pill dec had a normal period in jan, pregnant in feb. second time finished the pill nov, conceived twins in December. third time finished the pill april, normal periods returned straight away, conceived about three months later. I had no problems with anything. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Reviving this thread as I'm so annoyed with my periods!! First cycle was a 40 day cycle after stopping the pill (had been on it for 12yrs). Now I'm up to day 50! Still no sign of AF. I thought I saw some very pale pink flecks 2 days ago but still nothing. Any suggestions? Should I see my GP? Should I take vitex? We were hoping to conceive sooner rather than later (like a lot of people!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, I'm in the same boat as you and so impatient! I came off my pills on 1st November. Had my withdrawl bleed and then my AF took 45 days to come. It was a normal 5 day one and I started using the app clue to try work out when I ovulate. According to the app I should be ovulating right now, I had some abdominal pain yesterday that I thought might be ovulating pain but took an ovulation text but came back negative. It's so frustrating not knowing and I'm starting to think maybe I shouldn't get on to vitex as well. Might start tracking my BBT too to see if I can work it out. I feel like everyone around me is falling pregnant straight away!