+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Coming off the pill experiences...

Hi Ladies

New to this whole thing hoping I can get an idea of some of your experiences after stopping the pill- recently stopped mine at the start of April to get my body ready for TTC - had my normal withdrawal and 2 weeks later had a very light 3 day AF then 2 weeks later a full on AF lasting 6days I'm hoping this is just my body adjusting to stopping the pill I'm assuming it's a good thing it's returned so quickly?! (Unsure) Love to hear of all your experiences ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    I came off the pill maybe in Feb this year after being on it for 11 years! In the few days following i felt awful and have too have a couple of days off work- light headed and feeling sick. Approximately 1 month later i had a light period, thinking it would take some time for my body to regulate again i wasn't too phased when my next period didn't arrive when i was due the second month as i had read it can take up to six months for it regulate...turns out too many drinks on holiday and too little protection now I'm pregnant, initially super shocked but very excited now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww congrats on your news!! Hopefully it won't take me long either

Thanks
    Reviews
    I came off the pill last November and AF came for the first time 3 weeks ago, finally! Hopefully it's quick for you. I hope it comes again in a week or so, or that I'm pregnant haha which I doubt. It'd just be nice to know I'm regular again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I come off the pill in Feb and have had normal cycles since. First month now TTC. AF is due Saturday but let's hope she doesn't turn up

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I stopped the pill in September 2012 after 5 years it took just over or under (can't remember) 30 days for my period had a "normal" period for me then by 21st of November I got a bfp

Everything I had read had me thinking it would take a few months to get a period then a few more months of things getting back to normal & regular i didn't expect to fall pregnant immediately it was a big shock

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing ladies - I just am so impatient and curious to hear how other peoples cycles regulate after

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDolly19 View Post
    Thanks for sharing ladies - I just am so impatient and curious to hear how other peoples cycles regulate after
    I am the same! So anxious to know how I went this cycle I have been feeling so crap the last few days hopefully that's a sign!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stopped the pill in Feb after about 8 years on it and everything has return to normal. Well as normal as i remember it. 28ish day cycle and more cramps then on the pill just seems like AF hangs around longer.... but that just might be my memory! I tested the first month thinking i wouldn't OV but i did so, all those myths about it the pill staying in your system doesn't seem to be true! We are still TTC but with a FIFO partner it can be a bit tricky, OV should be in the next few days as the OPK test i did tonight has a faint line and he is home from work this time!!, my fingers & toes are crossed for this time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stopped the pill in March this year after being on it for about 2 years. It's taken a few months for my cycle to get regular again but I am having monthly AF. The period pain is horrendous though!

I went on the pill to control some cystic acne and I'm so glad that it hasn't come back since coming off the pill.

Hope your TTC journey is a quick one!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsKLM For This Useful Post:

MissDolly19  (24-05-2014)