+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Thinking of moving to the Southern Highlands and need advice on commuting

Hi All,

We currently live in the Camden area and are hoping to make the move to the Southern Highlands, specifically, either Burradoo or Mossvale.

The area ticks many important boxes for us, however my husband often works in the city, he has contracts that last from 6 months to a year at a time and working from home stints can last from a few months to 6 months. So the work requirements vary - but overall it will be 4-5 days a week in the city during peak hours.

My concern is that the commute will be too much after a while. DH needs to start work around 9am in the city.

Does anyone have a husband or partner that travels most days of the week to the city and how do they cope.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer

simba6 is offline Always bring your own sunshine! :-D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi stepwise,
    I can't offer much advise, I used to drive from Bowral to lane cove 4 days a week for about 5years which I didn't find to bad, but I started at 7am I am sure the roads are a lot quiter then,not sure why it would be like going straight through to the city, as I used to turn off to the m7 right where the conjestions started.
    Not sure if your on facebook,but there is a southern highlands mums and dads page,and often very helpful with these questions
    sim

3. The Following User Says Thank You to simba6 For This Useful Post:

Stepwise  (19-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome, thanks for the advice

I will go and have a look at the Facebook page. I really appreciate the advice.