+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Fear of flying, travelling long haul with DP and 2 kids..

I have many fears, and the one I am determined to tackle first is my fear of flying. We will have DD & DS with us on a long haul flight to the US. I have been looking at medications, but I fear falling asleep and leaving DP with the kids. I am being uber prepared to keep the kids occupied (the kitchen sink is going to be heavy!), but what is something I can take for anxiety that won't make me a zombie?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bach floral remedy - I think it's called rescue remedy. I'll check and get back to you :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Goosey01 For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another vote for rescue remedy - useful to have on hand - plus have you tried taking a regular magnesium supplement? I use magnesium for cramps but it's also good for stress and helping you to relax. Plus, something else to remember when travelling long haul is to drink heaps of water. It has two effects: keeps you hydrated (the cabins can be very dry) and keeps you active by making you get up to go to the loo!

Good luck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to debsch For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm considering taking a face mask (I have really dry skin that easily flakes), something like dermalogica skin hydrating mask as well as a serum. I have no doubt DD who always breaks into my skin care and cosmetics, will want to have some on the flight as well. I'm a little worried it will break into WWIII if I say no, do you think there is a problem with her using this skin care, or am I a bad mummy for even considering it? DP has no issues as I am not dolling her up or anything.