+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default Anterior placenta - was your bub posterior?

Hi all, I read somewhere that if you have an anterior placenta you're more likely to have a posterior bub.

How common is it? Did you have an anterior placenta and posterior bub?

If so did you get baby turned before a natural birth, birth baby posterior, or book in for a csection?

What was your recovery like if you birthed bub posterior?

Thanks ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Subbing as I have an anterior placenta and would also love to know everyone's experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't know they were possibly connected but yes I had anterior placenta and posterior baby. She didn't turn. I had a failed induction. .. failure to progress which ended up with a c section.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (18-05-2014)

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Anterior placenta, normal birth.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hakuna matata For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Yes I had anterior placenta and posterior bub. Had no idea she was posterior until labour and she turned during, but not perfectly. She was a forceps birth with episiotomy as she just wouldn't come out, but she was also quite big. I haemorrhaged after but after that was sorted recovery was really quick. I had no idea there was a link.. I wish I had of done more leading up to birth to ensure she was the right way as it made for an awful and long birth.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes for both my bubs. I'm not sure when DD1 turned, I had a posterior labour and have no idea whether or not she turned before birth. DD2 turned about half an hour before being born while I was pushing. Not terribly pleasant!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think a posterior baby is a reason for a c section on it's own though (unless you just want an elective- I mean it's not medically indicated AFAIK)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (18-05-2014),Bubbles10  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have 5 kids, first one I don't know about the placenta, that was 16 yrs ago and they didn't mention it. He was posterior for labour but presented right for birth. Long second stage so he had some trouble turning.
    Second was anterior and normal presentation, third anterior with normal presentation, fourth anterior with posterior presentation, but this birth I consider my easiest and he was 4.2kg! Fifth was posterior til he crowned and then he turned, that hurt.
    This time I have anterior placenta again. It doesn't bother me. I've read up a bit and found (3 years ago, I don't know the info they are giving these days) that with subsequent pregnancies there is no way to guarantee the baby will stay turned if you mange to turn them. Also that sitting back in couches encourages posterior presentation, which I think is how I got them because I am a lounger! Sitting upright with my tight big belly is not comfy and I won't do it.
    I always had wicked back pain with af as a teen, I have a retro uterus, I suspect that's why, so back labour was manageable. I tore internally with all the births but I think that's because I have bigger babies. Smallest has been 3.8kg and I'm a size 8 prior to pregnancy.
    I don't believe that posterior labour is always a cause for panic. There's plenty of positive stories on the net about them.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had an anterior placenta and my DS wasn't posterior. He was in great position from when I first went into labour at 32 weeks till he was born at 36 weeks. He came out in 2 pushes! Good luck op, hope your bubba behaves

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubintummy For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had an anterior placenta and ds was posterior. He turned during labour. I had water injections and by the time they had worn off, he had turned.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (18-05-2014)