+ Reply to Thread

Default Busybody sister in law!

I am getting fed of of my sister in law. She always want to find out about my son. E.g what level reading, what does he know, etc. Everytime i tell her, then two weeks later she will say her daughter knows it. It always happens and i am so over it. Its going on since he was 3 now he is 5. Now that he is in school she will say her daughter was on level 5 and ask what level is my son, and what level he is on every couple of months through my mother in law. She will get my mother in law to ask me and mother in law will pretend she is interested but has no idea about levels etc. So now that my son is on level 10, i know she will try to get her daughter to compete with that level and i know i will hear that soon that her daughter has beat him etc. She will get them to do a test and prove her daughter is fast but my son always beats her daughter. So how do i stop all this drama and not tell her anything about him without being rude?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to love980108 For This Useful Post:

Adoralicious  (18-05-2014)

South East QLD
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tell her your son has been accepted into Mensa.

Or, a bit harder. Try and talk to her about how you feel this one upping isn't nice. Congratulate her dds successes but try to let her know that it shouldn't be a competition.

Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    She tests your son against her daughter? When does she do this?

I think this sounds quite horrible, on both children... and id be inclined to just tell her straight that it's ridiculous and she needs to chill out. I really can't see any other way of handling this .... they're going to just keep asking, unless you just change the subject; but your SIL sounds pretty dedicated to rivaling the children so im not sure trying to kindly play it down will work.

She sounds really immature and i feel sorry for her daughter!

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a busybody SIL. It drove me up the wall. One day I just realised that the only solution was to disengage. We used to be quite close, but I couldn't handle it anymore. Anyway, it took 2 yrs but she has finally realised I don't play those games and doesn't bother with the competition anymore.