+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Purely being selfish...I would buy pants that didn't keep falling down. Very hard to hold them up whilst holding onto two toddlers' hands.

Edit: They'd be some fine, fine pants.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 17-05-2014 at 20:58.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Full House  (17-05-2014),JR03  (17-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Buy a house (nothing extravagant, just enough for my needs) and travel.

I would stop working full time but would work casually in the same job in between holidays. I'd be too bored otherwise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Don't have a ticket but if I was to come into some big money after i had paid thithe and finished my house. I would pay of my debts. Buy dd a flat so I wouldn't have to worry about her having to pay rent.
    The rest I would invest in some sort business.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    With $40mil I think id give $5mil to the children's hospital, give each of my and DH family $1 mil each so there is another $10, then just buy lots of property/holiday houses and businesses and I'd give a few hubbers $50,000 each ( so if you ever see me start a thread with "how would $50k change your life" you know I've won lots of money!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd build the house we're looking at building but on a much bigger block (1000m2 instead of 500m2 - not very big anyway lol). I'd hire some kind of building supervisor, a builder, a stylist, a landscaper and every other expert so I could give them a list of what the house must have and then they can ring me when the house is done. I don't want the hassle of building and I have no style so would love to just be able to move into my dream home.

AI'd pay off my families mortgages, though my parents and brother have already paid theirs off so I'd have to do something else special for them.

I'd buy huge holiday houses in Melbourne and the Gold Coast as that's where my brother and sister live so my whole family could go visit at once.

I'd pay off my BFFs mortgage so her husband wouldn't have to work every weekend. I don't think they're strapped for cash but I think not having a mortgage would let him see that it's good to spend time with your wife and child and not spend every day off doing overtime.

I'd also pay off our other close friends mortgages and give the ones who haven't bought yet $400k per couple to put towards a home.

I'd buy a house in Bondi where we can stay for the weekend. I might also try to convince our families to move to the Eastern suburbs or Northern Beaches of Sydney (we'd buy their houses) so we could be near the beach. I want to live near the beach but don't want to leave my family (and I guess hubby's family has to come too lol).

Realistically though if I won lotto, I wouldn't move my whole family to the beach because I would want to keep it incredibly private. Someone close to me won a fairly large sum of money and only told the few people who they gave money to. They didn't want anyone asking for loans or begrudging them as they'd already done well in life (due to very hard work and a lot of sacrifices) so chose to keep it secret. I would also worry a lot about my daughter being kidnapped for ransom money.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Purely being selfish...I would buy pants that didn't keep falling down. Very hard to hold them up whilst holding onto two toddlers' hands.

Edit: They'd be some fine, fine pants.
    Like James Packers' silk and cashmere trackies that he sees fit to wrestle in the grass in? I hear they only cost $1300. You could buy one in every colour.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (17-05-2014)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    one a pair for each of us in every colour too of course

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    20 mill- donate to the cause of helping indigenous Australians out bush

5 mil: buy a new house & 2 cars
    5 mil: put in a trust fund for my kids
    5 mil: invest in a business & live off the profits
    3 mil: to be split between close friends and family who haven't ****ed me off recently
    2 mill: travel overseas (Europe, USA)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pay off my sisters house, buy my other sister somewhere to live, new cars for all of my siblings and their partners. Buy a house for me, a rental house which I would rent cheaply to someone who really needed it and allow them freedom to live in it like it was their own. Buy a holiday house and new cars for me and my partner. Buy him a factory to work out of and set up a tattoo studio that I could manage. Then whatever's left would put into investments and have a good set up for when were retired

Thanks
    Reviews
    Id donate 5mil to various charities, inc cystic fibrosis.

Id finish paying the house off, and buy dp the cattle station he loves.

Id put 1mil in each of the kids accounts. Id give mum and brother enough for a house and car. Then put all remaining in a high interest account, and live off the interest